Unlike in the Western countries, tanned skin is definitely not the in thing in India. if you visit any tourist sea beach in India, you will find a lot of foreigners sunbathing.But for every Indian girl, the most common common question in her mind after the beach vacation is over, is ” how to remove sun tan?” If our skin is tanned, we don’t flaunt it; rather we look for ways to remove the sun tan or better still – hide it! In this part of the world, we find fair-skinned people more appealing and so people with dark skin are constantly looking out for fairness tips. Surprising but true, isn’t it?
Image : Copyright: alexandralexey / 123RF Stock Photo
How To Remove Sun Tan
If you are wondering on how to remove sun tan instantly, you have come to the right place . Different body parts react differently in terms of home remedies for removing sun tan. For instance , some remedy that works to remove sun tan from your hands may not work to remove sun tan from lips. Hence we have categorized the remedies for each part to work best for removal of sun tan. Here are some home remedies on how to remove suntan quickly.
You May be interested in reading
How to remove sun tan from face
The skin appears darkened due to tanning. One of the easiest ways to remove tanning is to use a tan removal cream. However there are many other ways by which one can remove tanning. Here are a few DIY home remedies to remove tan from face:
Copyright: samotrebizan / 123RF Stock Photo
- Honey and Lemon Juice Anti-Tan Pack – Mix two tablespoons each of honey and lemon juice and apply this smooth paste on your face. Wash off with cold water after 15 minutes. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent that lightens the color of the skin and honey adds a glow to your face. This is a very effective method of tan removal. You can do this in the kitchen while preparing a meal!
- Yogurt and Potato Juice – Cut a potato in to thin slices and grind them with two tablespoons of yogurt in your grinder. Apply this paste on your neck and see the results after 15 minutes. Potato contains an enzyme called catecholase that helps to lighten and whiten the skin and cure hyper pigmentation.
- Rose Water and Aloe Vera – These two ingredients are usually present in everyone’s house. Just squeeze out some fresh aloe vera gel and mix it with a few drops of rose water. Let this paste sit in your freezer for 10 minutes and then apply it on your face. Aloe Vera is a magic ingredient since contains various nutrients that help to heal the skin and remove tanning.
You may be interested in reading
How to remove sun tan from hands and legs
Tanning on the hands and legs looks extremely ugly. Imagine wearing a sleeveless tee and half your arm is darker than the rest!! Disgusting, isn’t it? Well, don’t fret. Here are some home remedies to remove tan from hands and feet:
Image :Copyright: osons / 123RF Stock Photo
- Egg White and Multani Mitti – We all have applied the famous Multani Mitti pack to refresh the skin. Multani mitti mixed with an egg white is a great way to get rid of pigmentation and skin discoloration. Apply this mixture on your skin and rinse after 20 minutes. Multani mitti or Fuller’s earth has been used as a traditional remedy for skin problems in India since ages.
- Sugar, Salt and Olive Oil Scrub – Regular exfoliation helps to remove tanning easily. When you are short of time and want to remove tanning, just mix equal portions of these three ingredients and apply the mixture on your arms and legs. Gently massage and wash off after 15 minutes. Not only does it remove tanning; it also helps to get rid of dead skin cells and reveals healthy new skin. This is can easily done while bathing.
- Gram flour, Milk and Mustard oil – Another traditional way of removing tanning from the body is a mixture of gram flour, milk and mustard oil. This paste work wonders for the skin. An Indian bride is made to apply it all over her body just before her wedding, since it helps to make the skin glow and gets rid of sun burns.
How to remove sun tan from neck
Your neck is a very delicate area and needs to be treated with care. Use these home remedies to remove tanning from your darkened neck:
Image : Copyright: yuliya29 / 123RF Stock Photo
- Rice Powder, Milk and Honey – Mix two tablespoons of milk with two teaspoon rice powder and one teaspoon of honey. Prepare a fine paste and apply it on your neck. Massage gently on your neck for 20 minutes. This paste acts as a scrub and alleviates all the dead skin cells and removes tanning from your skin.
- Lemon Juice and Cucumber – Just mix two teaspoon each of lemon juice and cucumber juice and apply this paste on your neck and wash off after 10 minutes. Lemon acts as a bleaching agent and combined with the anti-inflammatory properties of cucumber help to soothe sun burnt skin and remove tanning with ease.
- Rose Water and Sandalwood Powder – Sandalwood is known for its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and cooling effect. When it is mixed with rose water, it makes a wonderful paste to remove tanning. Apply this smooth paste on your neck for 10 minutes and wash off with water.
You may be interested in reading –
How to remove sun tan from lips
It might seem strange, but lips can also get affected by the sun. In fact, they can get chapped and burnt due to the heat of the sun. But you need not worry; you can still have beautiful and soft pink lips. Here are some home remedies to remove tan from the lips:
Image : Copyright: adamr / 123RF Stock Photo
- Almond Oil – Applying almond oil to the lips is a great way o reducing discoloration caused by the sun. It also helps to moisturize the lips, thus making them soft.
- Glycerin and lime juice – Prepare a mixture of glycerin and lime juice and store it in a bottle. Apply this ever night and see the difference in your lips. Glycerin helps to nourish the lips and heal them while lemon is a natural bleaching agent which lightens the skin color.
- Exfoliate with a toothbrush – Just after brushing, your lips become tender. Use your toothbrush to gently exfoliate them and remove dead skin cells. Once done, rinse with water and apply some milk cream or butter on your lips to get soft pink lips.
As they say that prevention is always better than cure; so, the next time you go out in sun, make it a point to cover yourselves appropriately. Apart from tanning, the rays of the sun contain ultra-violet rays that are very harmful for the skin and can lead to cancer. Even if you do get tanning. So Next time when you think about how to remove sun tan, just use our home remedies and say goodbye to tanning.