Lemon water health benefits are known to many of us. If you relish the tangy flavour of lemon in lemon water and other dishes, there are more benefits you may avail of. This inexpensive citrus fruit is a show stealer in the culinary world. Be it chicken, cakes, tea or other beverages, Lemon has its own signature flavour in such preparation.
Nutrients in Lemon water
Lemon water is 5% citric acid and vitamin C. It also contains vitamin B, riboflavin and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium as well as proteins and carbohydrates.
Lemon water health benefits -
- Lemon water is Good for Weight Loss
Lemon water when taken lukewarm, helps in increasing the metabolic rate in a person. Increased BMR supports weight loss by helping you burn more calories involuntarily. If you are consuming a diet less than 1000 calories per day, than adding honey to this water may provide additional benefits. You may be interested in -
- Good for Digestion: Lemon water helps in increasing the production of bile and thus aids in digestion. Lemon water helps in eliminating the symptoms of indigestion like bloating, constipation, heart burn, nausea and even belching. Lemon helps in cleansing and is also thought to be a blood purifier. Lemon water is good to cure regular constipation problems. It stimulates the bowel and helps in eliminating waste.
- Lemon Water for Skin Care: Lemon is rich in vitamin C. It plays antiseptic role and is a good anti ageing remedy. Lemon helps in removing blackheads and wrinkles. Rubbing lemon along with a little honey on your face will help in rejuvenating the skin and getting that desired glow. Lemon has a bleaching effect too. Continuous use of lemon on skin may help you become a tone fairer. You may want to read Face packs from kitchen shelf
- Controls High Blood Pressure- Lemon is basically a potassium fruit. It is low in sodium and can be consumed during episode of dizziness, nausea, stress and depression during high blood pressure.
- Lemon Water and Dental Care – Lemon Juice can help relieve pain and may be applied around a tooth when it is aching.During episodes of gum bleeds, apply lemon juice on gums to stop bleeding. Lemon water helps in eliminating mouth odor problems as well.
- Good Diuretic – Lemon is also a diuretic and hence lemon water can help during bloating. It helps to flush out bacteria and toxins from the body.
- Acts as a blood purifier: Diseases like cholera or malaria can be treated with lemon water as it acts as a blood purifier.
How much Lemon water should I drink?
If you are overweight – you can take a glass of lemon water to start your day with a kick. You can have a cup/half a glass of lemon water after each meal and at the end of your day. This will keep your BMR levels high and will help in weight loss. It will also help in reducing bloating and keep your system clean by eliminating the waste of fat breakdown. It also helps in maintaining the glow on your face and prevents facial muscle slag during weight loss.
If you are healthy and weigh right, taking lemon water can still be beneficial. You can take 1 to 2 glasses of lemon water everyday for its overall benefits on health.
Health is not about what you eat or drink on one day. It is more about how you form your habits and tips you adapt on a daily basis. The best approach is to enjoy what you do and the longevity of the healthy habits.
Image : Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos