You must be wondering why am I posting soup recipes in quick succession. Well winter is almost here and soups are a great way to keep working towards your health goals. Here is the recipe of one such tempting soup – tomato and peas soup.
|Good for||weight loss, bone health, anaemia, digestive issues, overall health|
|bad for||– —-|
|Preparation time||5 mins|
|Cooking time||15 mins|
Tomato and peas soup for weight loss : –
Ingredients – (Makes 4 -5 servings )
– Tomato 4-5 ripe and fresh
– Carrots – 2 medium sized
– Steamed peas – 1 cup
– Corn kernels ( 1/2 cup ) ( I prefer corn kernel instead of corn flour to make this soup healthier)
– Onion – 1 medium size
– Garlic – 4-5 clove
– Cardamom – 1-2
– Cinnamon – 1 cm stick
– Cloves – 2-3
– Chaat masala, salt, roasted jeera powder
– Red chilli powder (If you are wondering why I am using red chili powder instead of black pepper in my soups, it’s because red chilli powder increases weight loss rate by increasing your BMR with its thermogenic effect)
– 2 tsps sugar
– Coriander leaves chopped (for garnish)
– 1/4th tsp butter
– Add all the veggies except peas, cinnamon and 1 tsp salt to a pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
– Cool it , remove the cinnamon stick and then blend the veggies in a mixer and make a puree.
– Do not strain this puree. I always prefer soups with their fibre content intact. It not only increases the health score of the dish, but it also satiates you well.
– In a pan, heat 1/4th tsp butter, add cardamom and cloves, add the steamed peas and vegetable puree. Mix well and then add salt, chaat masala, roasted jeera powder and sugar.
– Add water if needed to bring it to the right consistency when boiling this soup. You can also add a tsp of skimmed milk powder if you are into weight training / gymming.