We cannot stay “health conscious” all the time! We may stick to healthy foods for some period of time by motivating ourselves with the idea of indulging heavily in our favorite food items after that period! Typically, we choose the week days for the same old, “boring” healthy foods while the weekend is specially reserved for indulging in pop corn, cold drinks, pizzas, pastries, samosas and every other food recognized as “unhealthy” by the health experts! And a trip to the cinema hall forms our basic entertainment outing during the weekend. Watching hardcore passion or action assumes a greater dimension when we keep our mouths moving and our teeth grinding those calorie-packed snacks.
These are the foods without which we cannot enjoy a movie:
- Popcorn: Popcorn is recommended by many experts to use as filler if you are on a weight loss diet. But experts actually refer to the plain air popped corn, which makes up for whole cereal and some fiber. But if any fat, like cooking oil or butter, is added the entire goodness is lost to the added calories. The popcorn available at stands at movie halls is definitely made by adding some kind of fat to it. The flavored pop corn available there is just made up of fat and salt. So you should better avoid it.
- Cold Drinks: While we choose what to eat when watching a movie, a fizzy drink comes as a good combination with all the available food items! The regular ones are 300 ml while the jumbo size is 500 ml. They can add up several calories for no reason. Thus, it is better to buy a non fizzy drink like lemonade or a fruit juice or opt for diet colas instead of the regular ones.
- Nachos with cheese: Cheese in itself is a mouthwatering word. Looking at its pictures will make you want it even more. But this yummy looking snack is calorie packed and definitely not a healthy choice. A grilled sandwich is a better option to choose over nachos.
- Pizza: It is again one of those tempting, calorie-loaded snacks. It tends to assume the worst shape if it consists of only cheese without any veggies! Isn’t that forming a “dream” snack? Its not only the topping which is unhealthy, but the base, being composed of refined flour without any fiber.
- Vegetable Sandwich: You can consider it as a better choice in comparison to the above mentioned ones, but you can add more value to it with whole wheat or multi-grain bread choice.
- Pastries: Tempting as they look, they can throw your entire diet program on a toss, with nothing but carbs loaded in them! Pastries are better avoided as they are not only seductive for your taste buds but also addictive to your tongue!
- Puffs: Most of the stands at the cinemas offer puff with potato filling. The number of layers present in the crust is directly related to the calorie content. The number of layers denotes the number of times the actual dough was greased with margarine, butter or other fat and folded! Although this snack is better avoided, but just in case if you go for it, at least choose the ones with vegetable fillings to avoid the extra carb and to incorporate some fiber.
- Samosa and kachories: These snacks are not only made up of refined flour with all carb stuffed inside it, but these are also prepared through deep frying. These are tasty options for your taste buds, but will not really contribute any value to your health.
We know what is good for our health and what is not! But we still try to spoil ourselves by doing something which we are not supposed to do! Indulging in our favorite junk foods and pampering our taste buds can prove to be more exciting if we limit these tendencies and keep them reserved for special days or events. Snacking on these items can be permitted during your weekend entertainment. So keep your excitementin check and save them for another weekend.