There is no one sure fire method on how to burn fat. Those who have tried various methods of achieving 6-pack abs agree with one major fact – that to burn fat (especially tummy fat) is quite a complicated process. According to experts, it is a combination of methods that works best, which includes sensible eating, strength training to build muscles, and interval training (high-intensity workout). Read on to know how to burn fat with these methods .
How to burn fat with sensible eating
To know how to burn fat, follow the key suggestions of fitness experts:
- Avoid Dairy Products: Dairy products tend to build excess mucus in the body, which is bad for quick digestion and elimination of food. Try to avoid or greatly reduce full cream dairy products, especially when you are on a fat-burning mission. You can include skimmed milk and curds made from skimmed milk.
- Include Probiotics: Probiotics are the good bacteria which are present in our gut, but get destroyed due to various factors, and need to be supplemented. Probiotics have many health benefits by itself.
- Include Flaxseeds: Flaxseeds contain essential fatty acid, Omega-3 fatty acid, in plenty. Apart from its various other health benefits, these help to burn fat.
- Increase Raw Foods: We all know that we must include plenty of raw fruits and vegetables in our diet. However, experts suggest that raw fruits and vegetables should be had alone, not with other boiled food. You can start the day with a fruit. They also suggest that you should refrain from having a mixed fruit diet, as different fruits take different lengths of time to digest.
- Reduce Salt Intake: Excess salt hinders the mechanism of osmosis in cell walls. This results in the passage of nutrients from the blood to the cells less efficiently, and results in retention of water and wastes. Therefore, greatly reduce salt intake even when you are not on a fat-burning mission.
- Things to Avoid: Avoid processed foods and junk foods. Junk food has no nutritional value, just empty calories. Processed foods are processed using highly refined wheat flour, high-fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated vegetable oil and contain hidden salt, sugar, and fat, all of which are bad for you. A lot of innovation is happening in the processing world too. Nowadays, there are some processed foods that are healthy, but you should read the labels and choose wisely.
- Others: Apart from this, sufficient water intake and adding fiber to your diet are also important. These help in detoxification and proper evacuation of waste from the body.
Now you know how to burn fat with sensible eating. Let us now see how to burn fat with exercises:-
How to burn fat through strength training
Everyone knows the benefits of strength training to burn fat. For those who have just come out of some kind of hibernation, here is how strength training helps burn fat. With strength training, your lean body mass (muscle mass) increases, and lean body mass is directly proportional to basal metabolic rate. When there is a rise in the metabolic rate, the body’s energy requirement rises . This is fulfilled by burning fat. The body will continue to burn fat even when you are not working out during the day.
How to burn fat with interval training
Health and fitness experts say that if you want to effectively lose stomach fat, you must engage in interval training. However, they say that before embarking onto it, you must make your body fit with 30 minutes of aerobic exercises 4 to 7 days a week for at least 3 months.
The first level of interval training consists of the following steps:
- Warm up for 2 to 5 minutes by fast walking on the treadmill.
- Increase the pace and do moderate jogging for 1 minute.
- Sprint for 1 minute.
- Decrease the pace and do moderate jogging for 1 minute.
- Back to fast walking for 1 minute.
Repeat these steps for 20 minutes excluding the warm-up period.
According to fitness experts, interval training should be done 3 to 4 times a week, leaving gaps of 24 hours between 2 sessions. By working on high intensity, the fat burning and muscle building hormone will be released, and your metabolic rate will go up drastically. When combined with sensible eating, this will go to work for you even during the period between 2 sessions. Along with the above mentioned tips exercise timings also help in burning fat easily.
Now you know how to burn fat, When you take up any exercise regimen, one thing to remember is that everybody will not achieve the same kind of result because of different body types. Therefore, if your friend did get a faster result than you, don’t get dejected. Consistency, regularity, and the right technique are the keywords. Sticking to your exercise regimen will surely bring the desired results.
Image : Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos