Prostrate enlargement is commonly experienced by aging men. It can cause an increased urinary frequency and incontinence which can greatly interfere with the daily activities. Here is an Indian Diet Plan For Prostate Enlargement Problems along with a list of foods to eat and avoid for Prostate health.
What happens in an Enlarged Prostate problem?
- The prostate gland is mainly responsible for semen production.
- The enlargement blocks the urine flow via the urethra.
- This condition makes it narrow and causes bladder contraction forcing it to push the urine.
- It can eventually lead to oversensitive bladder muscles.
- Since the urine does not get emptied completely, it then begins to accumulate in the bladder.
- As a result of which, the person may develop conditions like bladder stones, acute urinary retention or blood in the urine.
- These complications can be reduced by following the right kind of lifestyle changes as well as a healthy diet.
Factors that affect Prostate health:
A Healthy Diet:
There are certain beverages and foods that are effective for good prostate health. In fact, diet can make a huge difference in reducing the risk of prostate enlargement. It is possible to minimize the inflammation and also decrease the growth of the prostate with the intake of nutritious foods.
Exercise and Lifestyle:
In addition to a healthy diet, your lifestyle, as well as physical activity, impacts your prostate health. Exercise can manage the symptoms of prostate enlargement problems. Some of the best exercises for this condition are resistance and aerobic exercises.
Stress management is also crucial in terms of your prostate health. It can greatly help in decreasing pelvic tension. Stress lowers the level of zinc in your body. This mineral is very important for better prostate health.
Foods to Eat For a Healthy Prostate:
Let us take a look at some of the best foods that can be eaten to reduce the prostate enlargement problems.
Cooked tomatoes contain a very powerful antioxidant called lycopene. Lycopene attacks harmful free radicals and helps the body minimize the risk of prostate enlargement as well as aggression. The cooking process helps in easy access to this antioxidant.
This cruciferous vegetable has a phytochemical that helps to reduce oxidative stress. It decreases excessive cell growth that results in prostate enlargement. Broccoli contains a compound that leads to the death of unnecessary prostate cells which result in an enlarged prostate.
This versatile tea contains multiple antioxidant compounds known as catechins. These catechins are anti-carciganonic and also prevent the mutation of healthy cells. Read about the benefits of Matcha tea.
Berries offer powerful antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals as well as fight inflammation and disease in the body. Raspberries, blackberries, as well as strawberries, have a high vitamin C content. This helps in minimizing the symptoms of prostrate enlargement by controlling swelling and urination.
Coldwater fishes such as sardines, trouts, as well as salmon offer healthy fats that protect the body from inflammation. Omega-3 fatty acids cannot be produced by our bodies so we need to attain them from food sources.
Foods to Avoid For a Healthy Prostate:
Eggs & Poultry:
Egg yolks have a higher content of arachidonic acid. This is an omega 6 fatty acid and it increases inflammation. it is best to avoid the yolk part. However, you can consume egg whites.
Limiting the intake of coffee, fizzy drinks and tea can greatly support your urinary health.
Sugar & Processed foods:
Eliminate foods containing high sodium, white flour as well as sugar as these foods tend to increase inflammation.
Alcohol can increase irritation in the prostrate and bladder which can lead to frequent urination. Hence it is best to refrain from drinking alcohol.
Hot sauces, curries, as well as chilies can cause many symptoms associated with prostate enlargement. Hence it is important to avoid these foods.
Dairy is rich in saturated fats as well as some inflammatory chemicals that are unhealthy for prostate health.
Red meat can raise the level of arachidonic acid. This, in turn, may increase inflammation and leads to an enlarged prostrate that results in urination issues.
Indian Diet Plan For Prostate Enlargement Problems
Here is an Indian Diet Plan For Prostate Enlargement Problems that can be followed for managing the symptoms.
Early Morning: Soaked Almonds(2) +
Breakfast: 2 Besan Cheelas with tomato chutney.
OR 1 cup Vegetable oats upma.
Mid Morning: 1 cup yogurt with 1 tsp flaxseed powder.
OR 1 Glass of Pomegranate juice.
Lunch: 1 cup salad +
kidney beans OR Dal 1 cup.
1 cup Spinach curry +
2 whole wheat phulkas +
1 cup cucumber tomato raita.
Mid- Evening: 1 cup green tea with a handful of pumpkin seeds.
OR boiled chana chat.
Dinner: 1 bowl fresh tomato soup OR lentil and spinach soup +
1 cup vegetable pulav OR vegetable khichadi.
Stir-fried veggies( Broccoli, cabbage, mushrooms and colored bell peppers).
Do’s and don’ts of Indian Diet Plan For Prostate Enlargement Problems:
- Increase your intake of zinc and vitamin C rich foods as they have a very important role in prostrate health.
- Sources of Zinc suitable in Prostate Enlargement includes:
- chickpeas, lentils, as well as beans.
- Oysters and Shrimps.
- Hemp, flax, pumpkin or squash seeds.
- Pine nuts, peanuts, cashews, as well as almonds.
- Whole grains like wheat, quinoa, rice, and oats.
- As well as Dark Chocolate.
- Sources of Vitamin C suitable in Prostate enlargement includes:
- Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower.
- Green and red peppers.
- Spinach, cabbage, turnip greens, and other leafy greens.
- Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and cranberries.
- Citrus fruits and juices, such as orange and grapefruit.
- Kiwi fruit.
- Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
- A low-fat diet can minimize the symptoms of prostrate enlargement.
- Green leafy vegetables can benefit an enlarged prostrate as they are full of antioxidants.
- Read about sources of Antioxidants.
- Regular physical activity like yoga, walking, swimming and kegel exercises can manage the symptoms of prostrate enlargement by strengthening the pelvic muscles.
- Try to avoid medications such as diuretics, decongestants, as well as antihistamines. These can worsen the symptoms.
- Subscribe to our Youtube channel to watch health-related videos. Subscribe Now.
- Inculcate a healthy lifestyle.
- Regular physical activity, proper eating habits as well as perform bladder training exercises.
- Avoid excess intake of water in the evenings.
- Effective stress management.
- Apart from these, there are various supplements and herbs that can reduce prostrate enlargements . These include saw palmetto, fish oil, stinging nettle selenium, vitamin D and E, lycopene and zinc.
- Also, there are some essential oils having therapeutic properties like frankincense, myrrh, and rosemary which are powerful antioxidant and inflammatory agents. These can provide great relief from the prostrate enlargement symptoms. These essential oils can be diluted with carrier oils before external application.
- If you plan to start any alternative medicine for the treatment of your enlarged Prostate, It will be wise to consult your doctor to check for contraindications.
- Hope this Indian Diet Plan For Prostate Enlargement Problems along with the list of foods to eat and avoid in enlarged prostrate help you in recovering.
we have to repeat same weekly keto diet after fourth week pls let me know.
pls let me know what to eat in kwto non veg diet plan so tgat i can mix and match with veg diet as you hv said
RD, Payal Banka (Registered Dietitian)
Yes , 4th wek is actually 1 meal diet , so if you find it hard to follow , you can repeat week 2 or week 3 diet plan.