We have always tried to bring the weight loss diet plans from all over the world and make an Indian version of them to help our readers in their weight loss journey. Here is yet another such diet. An Indian version of Intermittent Fasting Diet Plan for Weight Loss. Read on to know about a sample diet chart of Intermittent fasting diet for weight loss.
Intermittent fasting, as we have seen in our earlier article is a pattern of eating. Surprisingly the people who have followed intermittent fasting have seen these following changes in them:
- Increase in muscle mass
- A decrease in body fat
- Increase in spontaneity
- A decrease in the amount of time spent on training
It is trending a lot these days as it needs a very minimal behavioral change. So is it really true or just a psychological effect? Let us find out about intermittent fasting in more detail.
The Indian version of Intermittent Fasting Diet Plan for Weight Loss; The Crux
As it is rightly said, to avoid sickness eat less and to prolong life worry less. Intermittent fasting is the method of scheduling your meals to get the most benefit out of it. It will change the time of your eating but not what you are eating.
Mostly during intermittent fasting, the caloric intake remains the same as in any weight loss diet. The composition of food is also the same as any healthy diet. What matters, is the calories throughout the day and not the number of times you split your meals into.
Read more about Intermittent fasting.
Food Composition of Intermittent fasting:
- It has a moderate carbohydrate, moderate fat and high protein diet.
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables to fulfill daily vitamins and mineral requirements.
- Opt for whole grain cereal, millets, and fiber-rich foods as it helps in weight loss. It also remains in the stomach for a longer time, thus, reduces hunger pangs. There is a gradual release of sugar in the body which avoids any fainting episodes.
- Good quality proteins like low-fat milk and its products, lean meat, fish, egg, and chicken are vital. They increase the basal metabolic rate and thus, help in weight reduction. It also helps in building lean muscle mass and maintain the bulk in the body.
- Restrict the visible fat to omega 3 rich and MUFA PUFA rich oils. Include flaxseeds, omega 3 rich fishes, olive oil and walnuts in the diet.
- Consume at least 2 – 3 liters of water to avoid dehydration.
Check this Informative Video on the Indian version of Intermittent Fasting Diet Plan for Weight Loss:
Gradual Transition to Intermittent Fasting:
The Indian version of Intermittent Fasting Diet Plan for Weight Loss. Yes, it is true that you cannot change your eating pattern overnight. So, let me take you through the transition from normal diet pattern to intermittent fasting pattern. Gradually change the pattern of your eating until you reach the desired path to fulfill your goal.
If you are new to the concept and unsure if you can sustain intermittent fasting, then opt for monthly fasting. Once in a month, you can go 24 hours without eating or in other words 24 hours fast. This helps in getting over the mental barrier of fasting. This also helps to realize that once in a while 24 hours fasting will not harm you in any way. Once you are confident with monthly fasting you can move to weekly fasting.
Weekly fasting consists of eating normal meals throughout the week and once a week you fast. You either skip 2 immediate major meals or do full 24 hours fasting. This method might not lead to weight loss but is good to bulk up or maintain body weight. This sets your body for a regular intermittent fasting pattern.
Alternate day fasting:
It starts with you eating normal meals 1 day and the next day you will eat only 1 meal and fast for the entire day. Again the day after, you resume to normal meals. This consistent alternate day fasting gives results faster. The alternate fasting has almost the same size meals even after skipping a few meals. Thus, an individual experiences weight loss.
Daily intermittent fasting:
Daily fasting is based on “the Leangains model of intermittent fasting”. It uses a 16–hour fast followed by an 8–hour eating period. It doesn’t matter when you start your 8–hour eating period. You can start at any time of the day. Daily intermittent fasting is easy to get into the habit of eating on this schedule. The only drawback is you miss out on the calories required for the week. For this, you need to train your body to eat bigger meals and then fast. This is the major reason why we lose weight fast with daily intermittent fasting.
The Indian version of Intermittent Fasting Diet Plan for Weight Loss; Sample Plan
Here is a sample diet plan of the Indian version of Intermittent Fasting Diet Plan for Weight Loss.
Sample of Daily Intermittent Fasting Diet Plan:
Sunday 8.00 PM– Finish your dinner
Sunday night – Fasting (Most of the fasting is covered while you are sleeping)
Monday morning up to 12.00 PM- Fasting
Sunday night to Monday noon – 16 hours fasting (Plain water, black coffee without sugar and green tea without sugar allowed)
Monday – 12 – 8.00 PM – Eating hours (either you spilt into 2 major meals or spread it throughout the 8 hours)
8 Hours Feasting: (1200 calories plan)
12.00 PM – 1 cup Russian Salad sprinkled with flaxseeds powder + 2 Multigrain flour Chapati + 1 cup Rice + 1 cup Vegetable + 1 cup Sprouts + 1 cup Curd or 2 pc Chicken or 1 pc Fish or 2 eggs
5.00 PM – 1 cup Milk/Tea/ Coffee + 1 cup Sukha Bhel
7.30 PM – 1 cup Cream of spinach/tomato and carrot soup + 1 ½ cup Vegetable Quinoa and Mix dal Khichdi + 1 cup Sambar/dal/ kadhi + 1 cup Fresh Fruit yogurt (Mango or Strawberry)
Workouts during intermittent fasting:
- Cardio workout during intermittent fasting targets the fat stores in the body.
- Also, the high-intensity interval training also has a greater impact on lean body mass and fat storage.
- Workouts during the fasting stage give maximum result. But if you feel giddy or uncomfortable then start your workout 3 hours after the major meal.
- Avoid exercising just before bed as it hinders sleep pattern.
- Sip on green tea or black coffee an hour before the workout. The caffeine in coffee and antioxidants in green tea boosts the metabolism and helps in weight loss.
Here are a few workouts that you can refer to –
During the fasting, the stage body uses the stored fat deposits as fuel for energy. Thus, in the end, we tend to lose fat during weight loss journey while following intermittent fasting. Intermittent fasting simplifies life, free and saves time. Intermittent fasting can be done anytime, anywhere. It is still advisable to consult a certified professional as to how and when can you start this fasting. Hope this Indian version of Intermittent Fasting Diet Plan for Weight Loss be of help to you.