ny people struggle to lose weight. They try their hands at every diet available online or from other people’s advice. Yet people fail miserably or might lose weight and the weight bounces back. This leads to frustration and people altogether stop trying their best to lose weight. So then what is the solution?1500 Calories Indian Weight Loss Diet Plan PDF.
Losing weight might seem a hard task. But in reality, it is a very easy process. You need proper guidance from a certified professional, your determination, and a lifestyle modification. A certified professional will very smartly calculate the calories you burn throughout the day by noting your activities.
How To Calculate Calorie Requirement?
The total consumption of calories depends on the activity you perform as well as your existing weight and your height. There has to be a gradual reduction in the calories you consume. The composition of food has to be such that they provide high protein, moderate carbohydrate, and low fats. The caloric intake needs to be such that it doesn’t manifest any nutritional deficiencies and yet helps to lose weight. A 1500 calories diet plan is best to start with and can be gradually reduced as per your requirements.
Composition of 1500-calorie diet plan
- Calories: 1500 kcals
- Carbohydrates: 60 % of total calories
- Proteins: 15- 20% of total calories
- Fats: 20 – 25 % of total calories
Weight Loss Food List
Cereals and Millets
Cereals and millets are low in glycaemic index, high in fiber, and moderate in carbohydrates. Low GI carbohydrates help to lose weight, prevent blood sugar spike, and manages insulin resistance. You can include whole wheat flour, oats, brown rice, quinoa, bajra, jowar, nachni, sama, varai, or foxtail millet.
Dals and Pulses
Dal and pulses are good sources of proteins. If consumed along with cereals, they provide all essential amino acids to the body. The proteins help in building muscles, losing fat, and having a lean body. The proteins have high satiety value, prevent binge eating, keep you full for longer, and aid weight loss. Include dals, pulses, sprouts, soy, and its products.
Milk and Products
Milk and its products are high in proteins, and moderate in fats and carbohydrates. They are high in PUFA, calcium, and phosphorus. Milk provides the majority of good-quality proteins and calcium to vegetarians. Include milk, curd, yogurt, low-fat cheese, and paneer or skim milk powder.
Poultry and Fish
Poultry and fish provide first-class proteins that help to build muscles, lose fat, and aid weight loss. Consume egg whites regularly and yolk once in a while. Consume lean meat and fish as they are low in fats. 1 serving of chicken or fish is equivalent to a serving of milk or soy products, a few nuts, or protein supplements.
Nuts and Seeds
Nuts and seeds are high in MUFA and PUFA, minerals, fiber, proteins, and antioxidants. Nuts are the perfect snack option for evening hunger or a better option compared to junk food. Include almonds, walnuts, pistachios, dates, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, basil seeds, and flaxseeds. Seeds like methi seeds help to lose weight, lower cholesterol, and maintain sugars and blood pressure.
Vegetables and Fruits
Fruits and vegetables provide the daily fiber in the diet. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Consume at least 5 – 6 servings of fruits and vegetables daily. Include as many colors of fruits and vegetables as u can in your daily diet.
The inclusion of visible fat is also as important as any other food group. Consume 25 – 30 gms of visible oil in a day. Include groundnut oil, canola oil, rice bran oil, or olive oil in your daily diet. List of healthy oils.
A few spices like cinnamon, turmeric, and ginger also aid in weight loss.
Foods to Avoid for Weight Loss
- Refined foods: Refined foods lead to insulin resistance, sugar spike, dyslipidemia, and in turn weight gain. Avoid refined sugar, refined flour, or any refined products.
- High-fat foods: High-fat foods lead to dyslipidemia, insulin resistance, PCOS, and weight gain. Avoid junk, deep-fried, creamy, pickled, or canned foods.
- Alcohol: Alcohol has empty calories. Consumption of alcohol leads to fatty liver, increases oxidative stress, disrupts normal hormone metabolism, and leads to a pot belly.
- Bakery products: Bakery products contain saturated fats, sugar, refined flour, and preservatives. All these lead to weight gain.
Weight Loss Tips
- Eat small frequent meals. Chew your food properly.
- Do not skip breakfast or any other meals
- For small hunger consume zero calories food like salad, soup, infused water, lemon water, herbal concoctions, or green tea
- Add 1 protein source in each of the meals to balance the meals
- Cereal and pulse combination gives the best proteins that are easily digested and absorbed
- Drink at least 2 liters of water daily
- Do not drink water with the meals but sip water half an hour before the meals
- Exercise daily for a minimum of 30 – 45 minutes with a light to moderate intensity workout to lose weight
- Always exercise on an empty stomach in the early mornings or evenings
- Sleep well. Rest is necessary for recovery.
1500 Calories Indian Weight Loss Diet Plan PDF
Here is a sample of 1500 Calories Indian Weight Loss Diet Plan.
Before breakfast: 1 tsp soaked jeera with 1 cup water
Breakfast: 1 cup Low-fat milk + 1 cup Daliya or vermicelli with vegetables or moong dal appam with green chutney or 2 medium dosa with sambar
Mid-morning: 1 seasonal fruit (100 -150 gms)
Lunch: 1 cup Salad + 1 Millet Roti or 1 cup Brown rice or 2 Phulkas + 1 cup Vegetable + 1 cup Dal + ½ cup Pulse or sprouts
Mid Afternoon: 1 Glass Buttermilk
Snack: 1 cup green Tea or Cinnamon Tea + Soaked dry fruit and seeds ( 2 almonds, 2 walnuts, chia seeds, 1 date, 1 dry fig + 1 dry apricot)
Dinner: 1 cup Salad + 1 cup Masala Oats or Masala Quinoa + 1 cup Curd or 1 cup Salad + 1 Chapati + 1 cup Vegetable + 1 cup Curd
Bed-time: 1 cup Warm water with Turmeric and cinnamon powder
Losing weight is not just a process but a lifestyle modification that pushes you to become more healthy, active, and better. A 1500-calorie diet is perfect to kick-start your weight loss journey. It provides all the necessary nutrients and prevents any deficiencies. You can gradually decrease the calories further till you reach the target weight.