We love experiments because we love surprises. This is the reason why we love exploring the market and picking up different brands. Market experts may regard us as “brand switchers”, but this is how we popularize different brands. And this especially holds true when we purchase cosmetics and beauty products like face packs. There are several options available in the market and we are often “unfaithful” when giving “equal chances” to every new comer. Just think about the degree of our sacrifice – we don’t hesitate to put our skin health at risk.
If we are interested to offer these products fair chances and explore the market, then why shouldn’t we explore our kitchen? The kitchen is a place where you’ll find the best natural face packs.
Face Pack from Your kitchen:
1. Egg Based Face Pack
Egg-based face packs need to be prepared in different ways to suit various skin conditions.
- For Normal Skin: Take two spoonfuls of rosewater and one spoonful of honey. Add to this two egg yolks. You may preserve this mixture for repeated use. It gives good results if used once weekly. This benefits the skin mostly in the winter months by keeping it soft and supple.
- For Wrinkles: This remedy will require you to include egg white, oat powder (3 teaspoon) and honey (1 teaspoon). Mix well and apply the mixture on your face.
- For Dry Skin: Prepare a mixture with one egg yolk, orange juice (2 teaspoon), 2 to 3 drops of sweet almond oil and lemon juice (half spoon). Apply the mixture on your face and allow it to stay there for 30 minutes. Wash off the face pack. This may be used on a daily basis.
2. Fruit-Based Face Pack
When you visit a beauty salon, the experts may ask you about your choice of a fruit facial. And the very name of these facial may be enough to justify their high prices. You may avail these services from your “home-salon” itself. Here are some fruity combos you may use:
- Orange-Yogurt Mask: Full cream yogurt (3 tablespoon) needs to be mixed with the same quantity of orange juice. The lactic acid in yogurt acts as a peeling and a whitening agent. Orange juice performs the role of a skin toner and it tightens pores.
- Apple Honey Combo: Cut an apple into half and puree it. Empty the contents of a Vitamin E capsule into this puree. Next, add 2 teaspoon of honey. Blend it well and keep it on your face for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Carrot-Honey Scrub: Make carrot paste by blending a peeled carrot of medium size in a mixer. Add 2 teaspoon honey to it. Add 1 teaspoon of course semolina to it. If you like, you can also add one drop of lavender essential oil. Apply the mixture instantly. Allow 15 minutes to pass. Then begin to scrub with circular movements. It will not only exfoliate your skin, but will also serve as a conditioner.
3. The Traditional Sandalwood Face Pack
Sandalwood paste will remain as the most popular face mask for generations to come. Half a teaspoonful of brown paste is enough for treating facial skin. Add gram flour (besan) or Fuller’s Earth to this paste. Next, add a few milk drops to it. You’ll see results if you apply this pack twice each week. You may observe different results in different seasons. In winter, your skin may become dry and to counter that, you may need to add some cream milk or olive oil to enhance the moisturizing quality of your sandalwood face pack. Similarly, you may control excessive oiliness in summer by adding some lemon juice to this paste.
Your face, should not be the victim of your experimentation. Try out these tested face packs and you’ll learn to pamper your skin. These are based on the wisdom inherited from our ancestors. They will continue to benefit our future generations as well.
Image : Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos
My elbows, knees and ankle area are darker. how i can make them lighter so that these areas are same as my overall complexion, i am wheatish in complexion.
RD, Payal Banka (Registered Dietitian)
rub tomato and lemon on them , i have seen the colours change magically in just few days .. but you need to cut lemon in half and apply it in morning on these areas , i mean like rub it for 2 mins . and then later part of the day ct a tomato in half and rub that.
I am 44 years old. Earlier my lips were Pink. But may be due to regular use of lipstick since so many years. Can you please suggest a remedy.
rub red / pink rose petal on your lips 2 times every day for a week
hi Payal..its very nice to read…really useful thankz a lot for ur informational blog..keep ur wonderful job as much u can..all the best
Thanks Hema 🙂