There are some moments that leave behind sweet scars in your mind. Those are the moments when you forget what your identity is as you choose to flow with the wave of emotions and surrender to the call of passion. However, every crime leaves behind some clues. The aftermath of passionate moments may take the form of embarrassing love bites or hickeys. Though you may want to treasure the memories this way, the ‘cruel’ social sphere around you may want you to hide your secret treasures and pleasures. So, here are simple tips on how to get rid of a hickey. Or how to remove a love bite mark quickly.
Passion, as you may call it, is the driver of life and the creator of relationships. When you feel passionate about something or…someone, you take a step in creating a deep-rooted relationship with that object or individual-of-desire. Flaunting is fun, but not so much fun when your secrets become public. So here are some wonderful tips on How to get rid of a Hickey? (How to remove a love bite mark quickly). Love bites are not serious injuries, but they ‘hurt’ when people make fun of your privacy.
How to get rid of a Hickey? (How to remove a love bite mark quickly)
Safeguard your privacy with the following home remedies to remove Hickey and thank us later:
Home remedies to remove Hickey
- Cold Compress:
Hickeys are caused by breaking of capillaries and accumulation of blood at one spot. A hickey can be cured by breaking the blood clots and allowing the blood to spread out. Cold compress leads to the constriction of blood vessels and reduces bleeding.
- Put some ice cubes in a paper towel and press it against the bruise for about 15 minutes.
- Do not apply ice directly as this may cause ice-burn.
- Alternatively, you may put a spoon inside your refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Take the spoon out and wrap it with a cloth.
- Press it against your wound till the spoon comes back to the room temperature.
- Repeat cold press for several times a day.
Wondering How to remove a love bite mark quickly?
Well, if your hickey is just 3-4 hours old, then rubbing alcohol might help you get rid of your hickey marks quickly. Alcohol is noted for its disinfectant, cooling and soothing properties which makes it an effective remedy to treat hickeys or other injuries.
Massage Aloe Vera Gel:
Aloe Vera is noted for its moisturizing, soothing, and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the sensitivity of the injured area and promote faster healing of the ruptured blood capillaries.
- If you have an Aloe Vera plant at home, extract fresh Aloe Vera Gel
- Apply it on the bruise, Then Massage gently.
- Repeat twice or thrice daily.
- If you do not have an Aloe Vera plant at home, use Aloe Vera-based cream or lotion for twice or thrice daily for two to three days.
Apply Banana Peel:
Banana peels have soothing and cooling properties that can promote faster healing of injuries.
- Take a peel of a ripe banana and cut it to the size of your wound.
- Put the inner side of the peel on your hickey and let it remain there for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Repeat this twice or thrice daily to see a drastic improvement in the appearance of yo ur Hickey.
Apply Peppermint Oil:
Peppermint produces a stimulant effect which improves blood circulation. This, in turn, promotes the healing of hickeys and other wounds.
- Treat the affected area gently with peppermint oil.
- At first, you may feel a tingling sensation which will subside gradually.
- However, do not repeat this treatment for more than 2 times a day as this may cause irritation to your skin.
- Alternatively, you may apply peppermint-based toothpaste on the wound and keep it for a few minutes.
- Allow the tingling sensation to subside and then use a warm washcloth to wipe the toothpaste off.
- You should not use this treatment for more than once a day. This treatment produces the best results when you apply it as soon as you get a hickey.
Apply a Vitamin K-based lotion:
Vitamin K prevents the formation of blood clots and hence, it can be used to treat injuries. This vitamin promotes re-absorption of the coagulated blood which further accelerates the healing process.
- Apply oil or cream that is rich in vitamin K on the bruise for two to three times a day.
- Repeat till your hickey disappears.
- Additionally, eat foods that are rich in vitamin K for two to three days.
- Such foods typically include broccoli, brown rice, spinach, fish oil, and soybean oil.
- You may also consider taking vitamin K tablets to speed up the healing process.
If your hickey is two or three days old, applying warm compress may help you to reduce the appearance of your hickey drastically. The heat works to dilate blood vessels while promoting the flow of fresh blood which clears the blood clot that creates the hickey.
- Soak a towel in warm water and rinse out the excess water.
- Press this towel gently against the affected area for around five minutes.
- Repeat three times daily to promote faster healing.
- Alternatively, you can apply heat therapy by hair drying the affected area and massaging it gently with fingertips.
- This not only improves blood circulation but also promotes faster healing.
Apply Cocoa Butter:
Cocoa butter is an effective moisturizer and it has awesome healing properties as well. Cocoa butter promotes skin tissue growth which helps in curing hickeys.
- Soak a towel in warm water and apply it on the affected area.
- Then remove the towel and apply cocoa butter on the affected area.
- Massage the area gently for about five minutes.
- Repeat this multiple times a day to promote blood circulation which, in turn, will promote quick recovery.
Foods that will help to get rid of Hickey
- Eat oranges: Oranges are one of the richest sources of vitamin c, which replenishes the skin. Include oranges in your daily diet to get rid of hickeys.
- Eat strawberries: Strawberries have a high content of salicylic acid which promotes blood thinning and reduces inflammation.
Hope You like the information so far. You can now subscribe to our youtube channel to watch lovely videos on health and fitness. Subscribe Now.
How to remove a love bite mark quickly In case you need to go out immediately:
When your hickey is distinctly visible and you need to go out for urgent work, you have no choice other than doing something that would hide the hickey. You can follow these tips –
- Wear clothing that would cover your hickey and keep it as a secret. This will also depend upon where the hickey is.
- Wear a jacket or a high neck Tshirt if it is winters. Or during summers simply carry a scarf that conceals your hickey.
- Develop a few “covered” makeup ideas that you may try for the next three to four days until your hickey fades away.
- However, don’t wear a high-neck jacket or top when it is summer as people are more likely to become suspicious in that case.
- You may try covering your hickey with a bit of makeup. If make-ups can cover deep spots and bumpy pimples, then you can expect them to cover your hickeys effectively.
- You are free to use any type of branded concealer to prevent the injury from being visible. and prevent irritation to the affected area.
- Apply translucent powder or concealer on the hickey and brush gently until the tone appears compatible with your natural skin tone.
There may be instances when your friends would guide you with silly remedies to get rid of hickeys. If you are intelligent enough, do not bother to try them out. Who Knows? Just a love bite may take an uglier form as you apply unscientific remedies that cause serious infections. Getting a permanent hickey mark is probably the last thing that you would like to have in your love life. You do not need to be over-conscious about marks. Hickeys come and they go. But now you know How to get rid of a Hickey. So take it easy.
Read our articles on –
We are glad you have chosen to leave a comment. We wish to inform you that the comments are moderated to avoid obscenity. Sometimes , we might take around 3 to 4 days to get back to you with the reply