“These are the years I will be stronger, braver, kinder, and unstoppable. I will be fierce.” Teenage is all about channelizing your energy into the right direction to grow and succeed in life. While you are progressing with such vigor and valor do not lose confidence just because of the pimples. Almost 80% of teenagers suffer from acne and pimples. Read on to know about the Home Remedies for Pimples in Teenage Girls and Boys and Diet Tips for Acne.
What are skin breakouts? What are Pimples and Acne?
Pimples are a result of the extra sebum or oil that is released by the skin pores. The skin has pores with oil glands. At puberty, there is a sudden growth spurt resulting in abnormal hormone secretion. Abnormal androgen secretion leads to extra sebum production. This sebum then clogs the pores causing pimples.
Whereas Acne is a condition that affects the hair follicle and oil glands on the skin surface.
What is the Difference Between Acne and Pimple in Teenage Girls and Boys?
Acne is a disease and pimples are its symptoms.
Under the skin layer, the pores are connected to glands that release sebum. These glands and pores are connected by a canal that has thin hair growth. The canal is called a hair follicle.
When sebum and dead skin cells clump together, they form a plug in the follicle. Bacteria in the plug causes inflammation, hence leading the red pimples to turn into acne.
Causes of Pimples in Teenage Girls and Boys:
- Excess use of skin products or make-up products: These products further clog the skin pores. Oil-based cosmetics do more harm compared to water-based cosmetics.
- Medications: Medicines in form of androgen, epilepsy medication or lithium can cause pimples. Read Metformin for PCOS.
- PCOS: With PCOS there is excess or abnormal androgen secretion in females. This leads to pimples. Read Pcod and diet.
- Genetics: It can run in the family for generations.
- Other reasons: Excessive face scrubbing, picking of blemishes, long-time friction of shoulder bags or tight clothing, stress, or a premenstrual symptom.
Types of Pimples in Teenage Girls and Boys:
- Whiteheads: These white dots are pores filled with oil covered by skin layers
- Blackheads: The black dots may be bacteria, dead skin, or oxidized material
- Papules, pustules, or nodules: These are blemishes that appear red, swollen due to infection or inflammation. They are painful and hard to touch.
- Cysts: These are filled with pus
You may benefit from reading :
Treatment for Pimples in Teenage Girls and Boys:
- Topical application: With doctors’ advice you can use lotions or gels that contain tretinoin or antibiotics if there is an active infection.
- Medication: Dermatologists recommend antibiotics and isotretinoin that reduce the pore size and control the oil secretion in the body
- Diet: Diet plays a major role in controlling hormones and oil secretion. The diet has to be very low in fats. All the fat in the diet should be good quality fats. The protein and carbohydrate should balance each other and avoid refined food products. Consume recommended amounts of vegetables and fruits that are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. A high fiber diet helps in reducing circulating fats and reduces cholesterol.
Home Remedies for Pimples in Teenage Girls and Boys ( Diet Tips for Acne ):
Here are some simple Home Remedies for Pimples in Teenage Girls and Boys. These will help in slowing the infection and inflammation and with time, help in healing your pimple. One must not overnight magic
Wash your face:
Wash your face with plain warm water. Avoid using too hot or too cold water. Use a milk-based soap that keeps the skin moist and nourished along with controlling the oil secretion on the face. Pat dry your skin rather than rubbing to dry with a towel. Do not forget to wash after workouts or after you sweat. Sweat can also clog the pores leading to acne. Always wash off the makeup before you sleep and let the skin breathe.
Exfoliate your face:
Gently scrub your face once in 15 days to remove dirt, dead skin, or any black or whitehead on the face. Do not overdo scrubbing or else it damages the skin integrity. Opt for natural organic ingredients’ paste-like papaya seeds, coffee, salt, sugar, or ground rice. These products provide gentle roughage required to remove the dirt and dead skin without removing the face moisture.
Apply natural extracts:
Apply fresh fruit and vegetable pulp on the face and keep it for half-hour. Wash off the face with plain water and pat dry the face. Follow this once a week to get a refreshed moisturized skin. Applying fruits and vegetable pulp provides antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to the skin. This helps to keep the skin moisturized and oil-free. The regular application cleans the oil from the pores and prevents infections.
1] Apply aloe vera that helps clear the skin pores and keep pimples aside. Just take the cutting of aloe vera and rub the pulp area on the face and neck. Keep for 20 mins and wash the face with plain water. It also has antibacterial properties that help reduce infection and inflammation of the skin.
2] Apply green tea extract on the face. Green tea has antioxidants that clear the skin pores and moisturizes the skin. Boil water and soak green tea for half-hour. Apply this solution with a cotton ball on the face and keep it for 15 to 20 mins. Wash it with plain water. Repeat it once a week to keep the skin oil-free and soft.
3] Apply Multani mitti paste made using rose water. Apply on the face and keep it till it dries and wash off with plain water. This helps remove excess oil, dirt, and dead skin from the pres.
Use non-oily hair products:
Oily hair products increase oil deposition in the skin pores further clogging the pores. This worsens the pimples. Use hair oil one hour before washing your hair. This prevents skin clogging and pimples.
Honey mixed with either turmeric, cinnamon, or lemon juice helps in reducing active acne. Honey, turmeric, and cinnamon all have antibacterial properties that help reduce inflammation and infection on the skin. It also helps in reducing the spots or marks left behind by the pimples. Honey with lemon acts as a natural bleaching agent for the face that helps reduce the blemishes and marks. Honey also helps retain the moisture and integrity of the skin.
Drink plenty of fluids:
Sufficient fluids clear constipation if any and helps reduce pimples. A hydrated body removes the toxins from the body regularly keeping the skin pores dirt and oil-free. It helps reduce the infection and inflammation in the body.
De-stress and exercise:
Engage in some hobbies or follow a workout routine. Meditate regularly to reduce stress. This will help to normalize the hormones and reduce the androgens that cause pimples. Workout also has a similar effect. It helps reduce the total boy fat and oil secretion from the skin pores. Exercise also helps balance the hormones and control PCOS too.
Only one treatment is not enough to fight pimples. You need to visit a dermatologist if you have severe acne. Along with it try these home remedies and a suitable workout regime. Do not let the pimples affect the psychological and physical growth of the teenager. I hope these home Remedies for Pimples in Teenage Girls and Boys ( Diet Tips for Acne ) help you fight your battle.
We are glad you have chosen to leave a comment. We wish to inform you that the comments are moderated to avoid obscenity. Sometimes , we might take around 3 to 4 days to get back to you with the reply