Gomad diet plan for weight gain is the insane epitome for weight gain. Imagine yourself in an apparel showroom and struggling to get right size for yourself. Either it’s tight or there is no size. How you would dream of becoming thin enough to at least buy desired clothes. We envy people who are genetically skinny.
But when we step into a skinny persons shoes, the story is completely different. Even they are struggling to gain weight. Even the ” Thin ” have some clinical complications with low body weight and fat. They also go to extreme extent to put on some weight.
But people forget 1 thing. संतापयन्तिकथमपथ्यभुजंनरोगाः | (Santa-payanti-kama-pathya-bhujam-naro-gaah) which means how can one be unaffected by diseases if one eats food that is not conducive to his health?
Gomad diet is one such fad. Yes it does help in gaining weight, but not really acceptable by the certified professionals. Let us see why and understand the practical way to achieve our goals.
What is Gomad Diet ?
Gomad diet stands for gallon of milk per day. This is in addition with the normal meals for the day. It is 1800 – 2000 kcal normal intake plus 1 gallon milk calories. 1 gallon milk is about 3.8 litres. So, total caloric intake in a day is about 4000 – 4500 kcal per day.
|Caloric distribution of 1 gallon Milk|
How does Gomad diet work ?
- Spread milk intake throughout the day. 1/4 at breakfast, 1/4 at lunch, 1/4 post workout, 1/4 at dinner.
- Eat Every 3 Hours – Breakfast, lunch, snacks, post workout and dinner. Don’t let you stomach be empty.
- Squat as much as you can. Squats with weights gives best results.
- Keep a record of body measurements. Check every week for the progress.
- You need to have a very active lifestyle to follow GOMAD diet. Or else it is difficult for body to adjust to excess intake of milk.
- Do not continue GOMAD for more than 1 or 2 months. Stop as soon as you reach the target weight.
Why to follow Gomad diet:
- Milk is ideal source of protein carbs and fats.
- Milk protein is about 80% casein and 20% whey.
- Better go natural way to gain weight than use artificial supplements.
- Milk provides vitamin D, A, calcium and other micro-nutrients.
- Saturated fat boosts testosterone levels which help in bulking of muscles.
- Studies show significant increase in muscles mass with milk consumption after workouts. Whey digests quickly and casein slowly. This balances the spike in amino acid in the body and maintains the levels. Thus, it helps in muscle gain.
Who can follow Gomad Diet :
- Skinny teenagers
- Bodybuilders and Weight lifters
Who should not follow Gomad diet:
- People with desk jobs because they will gain more fat
- It is not budget friendly
- People suffering from lactose intolerance cannot follow this diet.
Side Effects of Gomad diet:
- Drinking 4 litres milk with additional food sounds impractical.
- Not feasible to carry your share of milk everywhere you go.
- There is constant feeling of bloating and intermittent diarrhoea episodes
- Whole milk is high in saturated fats. It is not advisable for healthy heart. Later it become more difficult to lose body fat.
- There is high insulin secretion. It creates an anabolism. But high insulin levels also means high fat deposition. There is future risk of diabetes mellitus.
- High protein content in such short span of a month or two loads kidneys with unnecessary functioning. This may lead to exhaustion of kidney cells.
- It’s not only milk but squatting too. It becomes monotonous to do both of the things day in and day out.
- People with knee joint problems cannot squat. This diet becomes useless without squats.
What to expect post Gomad diet?
- You need to work on improvising the body composition. Post Gomad diet there is increase in 2 – 3 % of body fat. Aim on fat loss yet maintaining the gained weight.
- Reduction in milk intake will automatically reduce some amount of weight. This is because there is caloric reduction with reduced carbs and liquid.
- With such high amounts of intake of liquid, the stomach expands. Increase in stomach size is directly correlated to increased hunger. This might help in maintaining the gained weight.
If you really want to gain healthy weight with no major side effects then go natural way. Unrealistic methods will give temporary results at the risk of our own health. To have long lasting satisfactory results better take proper advise from the professional.
Here are a few articles , that will guide you to gain healthy way in a healthy manner .
Want to gain weight ? Follow these few sensible steps:
Image :Copyright: kicsiicsi / 123RF Stock Photo
- Consume surplus of 10 to 15% calories:
Calories consumed more than expenditure pushes body into positive weight balance. By exceeding 10 to 15% calories, there is muscle growth.
- Understand the macronutrient composition of food:
To have desired weight gain with ideal body composition an appropriate intake of carbs, proteins and fat is necessary. For more muscles high protein and carbs is useful. Opt for high fiber and low fat foods to reduce body fat composition.
- Maintain a minimum leniency:
Whole week an individual follows healthy diet, but once in few days’ binges. This spoils the body’s capacity to maintain an ideal body mass. Be smart enough to not consume calories which will be difficult to knock off later.
- Have practical desire for muscle and fat gain.
Bulking of body should not be more than half to 1 kg a week. The body fat goal should not exceed 1 % in a month. Remember with every pound of weight gain there is equal amount of fat accumulated. Thus, a perfect diet with workout is must
Gomad diet promotes unhealthy eating habits which are difficult to get rid of. It increases waist size but at the expense of ruining body fat composition. Just follow what is natural and safe for body rather than having over achievable goals.
Remember, “Rome was not built in a day”. Similarly, be patient and follow correct guidelines to gain weight. It might take time but it’s worth it.