We cannot escape the grime and dirt that pollution and exhaust fumes of vehicles bestow on our skin. Our facial skin being the most vulnerable, tends to wilt under the influence of these factors, which results in dull, lifeless skin tones. How to tone up skin naturally? Our facial skin requires extra care to withstand this onslaught. A regular skin care routine should be followed, which consists of cleansing, toning and moisturizing before applying any make-up.
There is a treasure trove in our kitchen when it comes to natural beauty aids. Internal and external nourishment is required to maintain a “look at me” skin.
Here is the procedure on how to tone up skin naturally.
How to tone up skin naturally
Cleansing involves removing dirt and leftover make-up from your skin using a deep pore cleanser, then applying a scrubber to exfoliate (removal of the top layer of dead skin) the skin.
- Home-made scrubber: Mix some honey, oatmeal, milk, and brown sugar. Rub this on the face. This will exfoliate the dead skin and make your skin glow.
- Oatmeal: Mix oatmeal and milk and make a paste. Apply this on the face. Leave it on for some time and wash it off.
Toning stimulates the skin and helps in proper circulation of blood throughout the face. Toning is an important step between cleansing and moisturizing. Toning helps regain the pH balance of your skin quickly before moisturizing your skin and also tightens your pores. It clears any leftover dirt from your skin as well as reduces inflammation. Toners can be used on all skin types with good benefit.
How to tone skin with natural toners
Toners should be applied to your face after cleansing. Using a clean cotton ball dipped in the toner is the most convenient way to tone your skin.
- Lemon: Lemon juice will help balance out the pH of your skin. Apply some lemon juice and leave it on for some time and wash it off well. This is a good toner. Do not use this if you have any cuts or bruises on the face.
- Cucumber: Mix equal amounts of cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply on your face. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and wash off well with water.
- Rose water: Dip a cotton ball in rosewater and gently wipe your skin. Rosewater is an excellent toner and gives a cooling effect to the skin, at the same time balancing the pH.
- Watermelon: Watermelon juice mixed with a little distilled water can be applied to the face using a cotton ball, after cleansing your skin. Rinse off with warm water. Watermelon also gives a cooling effect to the skin and is an effective toner.
- Green tea: Steep green tea leaves in boiled water. Let it cool and then filter it. Gently wipe your face with a cotton ball dipped in this solution. This will give a refreshed feeling as well as tones up your skin.
Skin lightening and moisturizing
Regular application of these will make your facial skin considerably lighter without allowing blemishes and brown spots to form.
- Milk: Milk is a natural bleach and helps to lighten your facial skin. It lightens the blemishes and scars. Apply milk daily on your face and see the difference.
- Honey: Honey is a moisturizer and an antibacterial. It helps reduce the blemishes on your face.
How to tone up skin with diet :-
Diet plays an important role in how your skin looks. A diet rich in fruits and vegetables taken regularly will keep your skin moisturized, soft, and glowing. Drink at least 3 litres of water a day. Hydrated skin looks taut and healthy.
How to tone up skin with lifestyle changes : –
All the factors that help you maintain a healthy body also helps you maintain a healthy skin. If you have any medical problems or any stress, it readily shows on your skin and nails. To maintain good skin, apart from the regular skincare routine and diet, you need to follow certain healthy habits.
- Good sleep: Minimum of 8 hours of sleep is a must. The skin repairs itself during sleep. Haven’t you noticed that the skin looks rejuvenated first thing in the morning?
- Regular bowel movements: A sluggish digestive system gives rise to a spurt of acne on your face. Take fibre-rich diet to take care of this problem.
- Stress-free life: This is easier said than done. However, for overall health, and specifically for maintaining a good skin tone, you need to incorporate stress-management techniques, such as yoga or meditation, in your daily routine.
- Exercise: Sweat is good for the texture of your skin. Regular exercise will keep your skin hydrated and make your skin soft and glistening.
Now you know how to tone skin. The busy lifestyle of a career woman leaves her with very little time to attend to her own problems. Tender loving care is what she aspires. Similarly, natural ingredients have the capacity of giving tender loving care your skin aspires.
Image : Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos
I have many pimples and their marks also…. And my skin also oily …. For that i feel very uncomfortable…. Home remedy for my problems..
RD, Payal Banka (Registered Dietitian)
dont have anything specific for your requirement. will make a home remedy article on it soon 🙂
Dear madam i am 25 years young boy my skin color is soft black but my face skin are to dark and my body skin are fair and lots of acne and scares plse suggest …..What i do ..
I have forehead is totally coverd with tan due to pollution how can I get rid of that tan on my forehead and how to improve my skin tone
rub tomato or lmon and honey on your forehead
Hi, plz am 30 years, chocolate in skin color but I want toning skin
rub hoeny and lemon on ypour face , this will imprv your complexion
I am a middle fair girl. I want fair and glowing skin because I am going to marry after 1 month.
So can you please suggest me some natural homemade way.
apply honey on top of a half cut lemon and rub it on your face ,you ll get a good tone and glow.
Hello mam! I am pallabi(17 yrs). My skin type is normal. I had a good skin tone. But due to excessive heat & pollution my skin tone hs chngd alot & i look ugly now. I have used almost everything. But skin tone is not becoming like before. I want your help in this. Please help me
mix rose water , little glycerine and lemon juice in a bottle and apply this mix at night before sleeping . this will help
Hi payal ,
I am 15 years old and my skin tone is not fair.So plz suggest mi some products for skin toning in maximum 1 month.
use honey on half cut lemon and rub on your face
How can i cure acne scars in my forhead due to dandruff effectively?
The best way to cure any kind of scar on face is by rubbing half lemon along with honey n the affected area . it not only bleaches the scar mark , but it get a good glow on the face .
Do you suggest raw oatmeal (solid) or oatmeal milk to use as skin scrubber / toner?
if your skin is too sensitive , soak raw oatmeal in milk and then scrub your face . if not , you can use it raw.
Mam I am 17 yrs I have scar,dark circle n my skin look unhealthy plz give me a solution
Hi Megha , rubbing tomato , papaya and potato on skin will help in getting rid of your problems .
Hiii…Im 27 years old lady and ve’ got wrinkles around my eyes what are the quick natural way of removal… Thanks
Hai I have dark sports on my face because of that,I am applying no scars crem to my face in night and morning when I wash my face it will becomes fully reddish ,pls give me solution for it
which creame are you applying ? is it recommended by a dermatalogist or are you using on your own . you need to share this with your dermatologist. it might be infecting your skin.
hello mam, in my skin i have small acne with whiteheads especially on chin and forehead. first i thought my skin is very oily then i used lot of cosmetics to reduce both oil & acne but now my skin becomes too dry but didn’t reduced my acne. my body used to always sweat & at that time my skin looks oily. actually iam now confused that which type of skin is mine..will you please help me to find my skin type and also to reduce acne and brighten my skin
Hi Neetu ,
it is difficult to advice anything on skin without looking at it , best would be if you could see a dermatologist.
I m 32 year old n my whole body tone(color) is not even. Cn u plz suggest something? ?
can you please ellaborate ? skin tone of the skin areas with regular sun exposure is different and those areas without much sun exposure if different . this can be corrected by using sunscreens and covering the exposed areas with clothing while stepping out in the sun.
I want to know some tips to improve texture and color of my skin… N some simple tips to get rid of facial hair upper lips
good nutrition will help you in getting healthy skin. however , there are natural ways of bleaching skin, like application of potato pulp or juice on face, but i am unaware of tips to get rid of facial hair in a natural way , may be some dermatologist can help.
I am 30 years old lady having 2 years old baby. please suggest me which product should I use to reduce the stretch marks of my stomach.
try bio oil. it really helps . slow but effective.
i have brown spots on my cheek bones nd chin plz suggest me naturally treatment i am very frustated
Hi Nargis , do you mean you have freckles ? here read this – https://www.dietburrp.com/home-remedies-to-remove-freckles/ i am sure these tips will help
i have acne prone skin with deep scars.
can u pls suggest something to get clear and glowing skin.
Sure would write an article for you on the same very soon . subscribe to oyur RSS fed to know when the article publishes. Thanks