When it comes to skin, not every one is comfortable in subjecting their skin to chemicals. In this article on home remedies to remove freckles, you will find natural solutions for your freckle problem. While freckles are regarded as cute by some people, many prefer to not have them on their face.
What are freckles ?
Freckles are nothing but regions where melanin gets concentrated, and these are often seen on people with a fair complexion. Freckles are actually multiple, circular, small spots. They develop on the outer skin where it is repeatedly exposed to sunlight. In this post I discuss a few home remedies to remove freckles.
The Types of Freckles
Freckles are generally of a single color. They stand out as they are darker than the surrounding skin. Depending on the skin color, they may be reddish, yellow, light brown or black.
1. Ephelides: These are light brown spots that are temporary in nature. These are flat and appear during the summer months, but disappear during the winter season. These are mostly hereditary in nature.
2. Lentigines: These are darker than ephelides and they are black spots that occur and last throughout the year (including winter). These types of freckles can be hereditary as well.
Let us now see some home remedies to remove freckles from your face.
Home remedies to remove freckles
There are some natural home remedies to remove freckles that you can try
• Apply lemon juice on the affected area to bleach the freckle spots.
• Dissolve a small amount of sugar in some lemon juice (from one lemon). Apply this mixture to the freckles, and you can do this by using a brush.
• Grind some yellow mustard along with milk and apply this paste to your face before you sleep during the night. You can wash your face the next morning with tap water.
• Regularly use vegetable and fruit masks made with strawberries, apricots, red currant and cucumbers to lighten your freckles well.
• Washing your face regularly with the help of some sour milk will help in getting rid of freckles.
• Apply sour cream on your face. After some time, wipe off with a soft tissue and apply a moisturiser.
• Mix wheat germ and some heated honey, and apply the same to your face. Wash your honey covered face with warm water and later rinse the same with cool water.
• Grind an equal amount of sesame and turmeric seeds. Mix this with water and apply on freckles. Take care that turmeric does not stain your clothes.
• Mix gram flour and lemon juice. Add rose water, milk, carrot juice, and honey and a small amount of cucumber juice. Apply on freckles and rinse off after 15 minutes.
• Mix one teaspoon each of yogurt, honey and red lentil paste. Apply this on the freckles and rinse with warm water after 15 minutes.
• Apply buttermilk regularly on the freckles.
• Apply horseradish juice or horseradish vinegar or oatmeal on the affected area.
• Apply a mixture of equal quantity of parsley juice and orange juice on freckles.
Now that you know the home remedies to remove freckles, here are some tips on how you can avoid new freckle formation on your skin.
How to avoid freckle formation
• You must avoid over-exposure to the sun’s harmful rays and use sunscreens to avoid freckles.
• Eat a lot of fruits and fresh vegetables. Don’t forget to include whole grains in your diet too. Your diet should be rich in vitamins C, A, B complex, as these are necessary for healthy skin.
• Include eggs, milk, cabbage, nutritional yeast, and wheat germ and flaxseed in good quantities in your diet.
• Take foods that are rich in vitamin C like apples, green onions and citrus fruits.
• Use a good quality of sunscreen that can offer you high level of protection from the sun. Try to use cosmetics that are herbal and chemical-based. Certain chemicals irritate the skin and worsen freckles. Use a sunscreen that has high SPF levels. The sunscreen that you use during the summer must be of good quality. Use it whenever you have to go out in the sun.
Patience is key. You need to continue with these home remedies to remove freckles for about a month. It’s nature and not magic. So you may need to allow these remedies sufficient time so as to allow them to produce the desired results.