Skin rashes are beyond our control. Here are some home remedies for skin rashes. We make every effort to maintain a smooth and flawless complexion by taking good care of our skin. These home remedies for skin rashes are really effective.
Allergens cause rashes on our skin resulting in reddish discolouration, itching, or skin breakouts. These allergies can be caused by various elements, such as dust, chemicals, latex, rubber, soaps, detergents, etc. Sometimes, tackling these allergies becomes difficult. Some home remedies are quite effective. Let us check out these home remedies for skin rashes.
Home remedies for skin rashes
• Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is good for your skin as well as gives relief from a skin rashes. Cut a leaf and apply the juice on the affected area. Alternatively, you can also crush the pulp after peeling the leaf and apply on the affected area. Apply aloe vera gel if you cannot get hold of an aloe vera plant. This will stop burning and itching of the skin.
• Olive oil: Olive oil is known for its skin-friendly qualities. For ages, olive oil has been used as a remedy for skin rashes.
• Oatmeal: Another remedy which will give you immediate relief from burning and itching is an oatmeal bath. Sprinkle some oatmeal into your bath water, and soak the affected area in it. If a large area is affected, you can immerse your whole body in the bath water and soak for some time.
• Baking soda: Baking soda is yet another therapy that is beneficial to treat skin rashes. Gently apply it on the allergic region and rub softly. You will soon find the irritation fading away. Baking powder will not only relieve itching but also cure the rashes.
• Herbal blend: Blend together yellow dock root, dandelion root, and chaparral with a little water and apply it on your affected skin, and cover with a cotton bandage. Redo this several times in a day.
• Cotton and calcium: Take a small piece of cotton soaked in calcium water or comfrey and keep it over the affected area. This will be comforting and reduce the soreness.
• Chamomile: Another effective remedy is chamomile tea, which will soothe the rash. Take some dry chamomile flowers and boil in water, and pour this decoction on the rashes.
• Basil leaves and garlic cloves: Take 10 to 15 basil leaves, few garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Blend all this together and apply a coat of this mixture over the rashes.
• Corn starch: Sprinkle corn starch over the affected area. This will reduce the rashes and calm down the itchy feeling.
• Witch hazel: Add some Witch Hazel bark in water and boil it, cool it, strain it, and apply this solution on the rashes and leave it there for about half an hour. This will relieve the itching. This is also effective against psoriasis and eczema.
• Rose water and curd: Wash the rash with rose water and wipe it with a clean cloth. Apply curd mixed with a little vitamin C juice. Leave it until it dries and lets the rash heal. As Vitamin C has antioxidant properties, you can include it in your diet when you are suffering from a rash.
• Yogurt: Yogurt is an effective home remedy to heal rashes. All that you need to do is mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder with it and apply gently on the rashes.
• Betel leaves: When you talk about home remedies for skin rashes caused by an insect, then betel leaves would help. Crush the betel leaves and apply over the rash, which is an effective remedy for insect bite.
Normally, anti-histamines and steroids which are prescribed for allergic rashes tend to dry the skin further. Therefore, home remedies for skin rashes are a better option for minor allergic skin rashes. However, if the rashes do not subside, consult a dermatologist.