Worried about your bulging waistline? Want to lose weight and have no time? Festivals or occasions are round the corner? How will you feel if there is a diet that gives you a 100 % result in less time? GM diet is the diet that gives such result. This is the reason it has become so popular amongst people who want to lose weight. But is it wise to follow that diet? How genuine is this GM diet? Does it have any side effects? Let us discuss Indian GM diet reviews on weight loss , its effects and side effects in detail.
Normally, Diet plan like GM are immediately termed as C.R.A.S.H and Unhealthy. But there is more to this diet . We have scrutinized the diet beyond this word ” crash” , and in this article , we will discuss in length about the Indian GM diet reviews on weight loss , its effects and side effects.
Image :Copyright: lisaanfisa / 123RF Stock Photo
Short history and origin of GM Diet:
GM diet is known as general motor diet. The General Motors diet is into existence since 1985. It was initiated for employees of General Motors, along with Food and Drug Administration and United States Department of Agriculture. The main aim of the diet was to keep the workers healthy and increase workforce productivity. When the workers followed the diet, results showed about 4 – 7 kgs reduction in weight. The workers also experienced increased work efficiency, confidence and higher energy.
Read more about
- 7 Days vegetarian Indian version of GM diet plan for weight loss
- Non – vegetarian Indian version of GM diet
What is the fuss all about?
The GM diet claims to burn fats. It is a week’s diet or 7 days diet plan. The diet focuses on intake of low glycaemic index foods with high fiber, moderate protein and low fat food. It also emphasises a lot on intake of plenty of water. The diet claims that combination of fiber, fruits, vegetables and water triggers detoxification with fat breakdown and promotes weight loss.
What to eat, when to eat and how to eat?
Before we move on to Indian GM Diet Reviews on Weight Loss , Its Effects and Side Effects, we need to know the following. The GM diet is a 7 day diet. Each day you eat different food groups along with minimum of 2 -3 litres of water.
Day 1: First day of the diet comprises of only fruits. Banana is prohibited. The fruits are allowed to eat in any form – fruit juice or salad or stewed. The best fruits that you can consume are fruits with high water content. Water melon, muskmelon, oranges, mosambi are few examples.
Day 2: On second day eat lots of vegetables either in form of salads, boiled, grilled, soups or juices. You are allowed to consume boiled potato too. Oil is prohibited.
Day 3: Day 3 has combination of fruits and vegetables. The only difference is to avoid potato on this day.
Day 4: This day you consume as many as 8 – 10 bananas with almost 4 glasses of milk throughout the day.
Day 5: Vegetarians can have paneer and other proteins along with vegetables preferably only tomatoes. Non vegetarians can start with 1 – 2 servings of lean meat or fish or 6 eggs in a day.
Day 6: This day you can have a bowl of brown rice and vegetables of any choice without oil.
Day 7: Last day of the diet allows you to have a cup of brown rice, any choice of vegetables and fruit juices.
Do you need something extra?
The Original Gm diet does not mention anything at all about Exercises . But to make it healthier, you can support the GM diet with proper exercise regime, rest and water intake. Though exercise is not included in GM diet, but moderate intensity exercise will give added benefit. It helps in appropriate weight loss with a toned body. You can start with body stretches, yoga, squats, crunches, surya-namaskars and facial exercises. Do small bouts of exercises. Do not over strain yourself. Keep sipping water while exercising. Do not exercise if you have any body injuries.
- Which exercise is good for weight loss ( Yoga Vs Aerobic Vs Strength Training)
- Top 12 Aerobic exercises for weight loss
- Top yoga poses for weight loss
Indian GM Diet Reviews on Weight Loss Its Effects and Side Effects
Ok , all said and done about what Gm diet is , It is time to see the Indian GM diet reviews on weight loss , its effects and side effects. The fiber rich diet reduces cholesterol, cleans the intestines and thus, clears the extra weight of waste products. Lack of carbohydrates and proteins, mobilize and break down fats for energy. It also breaks down muscles for instant energy. The calories consumed are way less than the calories required by the body. It puts body into negative energy balance and thus promotes weight loss.
Why does this diet work?
- Fiber-rich low fat fruits keep you full for long period of time. The juicy fruits detoxify the body and prepare the body for next 6 days of dieting. Juicer the fruits more water is provided to the body.
- Vegetables satisfy need of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Whereas potatoes fulfil carbohydrate needs after a day of only fruit diet. It is stored as glycogen for energy.
- Pectin rich bananas provide instant energy and helps proper digestion.
- Milk, chicken, fish and eggs are protein sources.
- Brown rice is a complex fiber rich carbohydrate.
Effects and Side effects of GM diet:
Plus points of GM diet :
- It is very low in calories thus gives instant results
- Provides plenty of vitamins, minerals and fiber
- Keeps the body toxins free
- You will experience regular bowel movements
- Keeps body light and mind fresh for short term as long as the diet plan is followed.
- It is affordable
- Easy to understand and follow unlike the other effective but complicated and hard to understand diets such as keto, paleo and atkins.
Minus points of GM diet:
- There is no written research to prove the benefits of GM diet
- The first source of energy used in body in GM diet is stored carbohydrates, then muscles and then fats
- Most of the weight lost is water weight
- Despite of consuming ample water, the body might go into dehydration as body uses fluids for energy
- The diet is not well balanced on day to day basis, Rather nutrients are divided differently in the 7 day duration.
- With constant hunger, the person may feel tired, have headaches and acidity in initial days
- It is a short term diet which may backfire if post GM diet, the eating habits are faulty
- There is metabolic slowdown in the body that prevents body from normal functioning
- Short term effects
Who should not follow GM diet?
- Pregnant women
- Lactating women
- Should not follow diet during menstruation as weight loss status will not be clear.
- Individuals below 18 years
End note and My verdict on GM diet:
So now that you have this post on Indian GM diet reviews on weight loss , its effects and side effects, I hope some of your confusion is cleared. No matter how effective the diet is you better know whether you really need to follow that diet or no. If you use GM wisely, this diet can really help you a lot . specially if you are stuck on a particular weight for sometime , you should try this GM diet as a plateau breaker. It is not advisable to follow GM diet on regular basis. So follow it only once a month to avoid all the minuses of this diet. Once in a while following GM diet will detoxify the body and keep mind fresh. It is just a kick start for weight loss.
So this was all about the Indian GM diet reviews on weight loss , its effects and side effects. GM diet is nutritionally unbalanced which leads to impaired immunity, body weakness and compromised metabolism. But if you take the concept and bring about some healthy changes in the diet, you can improve the diets effects on your body. Take professional advice after GM diet and also before restarting GM diet. You can Buy our E – book where we have tweaked the original GM diet plan , made it healthier for you , and yet it has the same effects on your weight . You can buy the E-book and check the details here – Indian version of GM diet Ebook.