Without the motivation for weight loss, dieting may be difficult. Lack of motivation is the primary reason why so many people go on a diet and abandon it mid-way. There are several reasons one will have to tackle – motivation being just one of them. Here are some pointers on how to go on a successful and healthy diet, and some tips to promote motivation for weight loss :
Motivation for weight loss :-
1. Set the right kind of goals: Motivation for weight loss greatly depends on the results you want to see. It is important to set realistic goals as opposed to temporary ones. For example, saying “I will lose weight for a loved one’s wedding” serves as temporary motivation. After the wedding you are likely to put the weight back on. On the other hand, if you say “My dinner for now is going to be a light one” (a powerful weight loss method) – that is a long term plan and more rewarding way to lose weight.
2. Make appropriate lifestyle changes: Making these changes is not easy, so instead of saying things like you will give up sweets altogether, you could find healthy sweet substitutes instead. Success in small changes will encourage motivation for weight loss and will have a positive impact on health in the long term.
3. Tackle low self esteem: Most of us assume that people who are disciplined and those who have a high level of motivation for weight loss are naturally so. But truth be told, most successful people are average folk with a strong will power that translates into persistence, showing them the results they want.
4. Avoid emotional eating: Many of us tend to eat for the wrong reasons like stress, depression and anger too. If you can distinguish emotional eating from that of hunger, you will be able to channelize your emotions into something more positive like exercising!
5. Avoid clinging to old patterns: Many of us have a low opinion of ourselves, and we tend to cling onto this. Such negativity tends to drag you down. It is never too late to become a new you. Find your motivation for weight loss from those who are already living a healthy lifestyle. Adapt to the new and give up old, unhealthy habits.
6. Think positively: Healthy living begins with positive thinking, so think positive and your will power and motivation will grow too. Not only healthy food but healthy thoughts count as well.
7. Be active:– We all played as children and know how much fun that was, so do not restrict yourself to the gym. Go out and enjoy small activities that give you joy, like walking, jogging or a sport. It is better than following a boring schedule.
8. Get support– Surround yourself with positive people who do not start their sentences with a ‘but’ or ‘if’. This will only bring you down. Only those people who are positive can keep you motivated and successful.
9. Trial and error: Last but not the least, a successful diet and exercise program is built on many trials and attempts, you will need to keep that motivation high and keep experimenting till you find one that works for you.
Now that you have tips on motivation for weight loss, do not give up and do not fear failure for it is true that failure is the stepping stone to success!
Check out – Indian diet plan for weight loss
<span style=”font-size: xx-small;”> Image : Copyright (c) <a href=”http://www.123rf.com”>123RF Stock Photos</a></span>