This is an era of smart phones and people are making the best use of them to keep a track in terms of health and fitness. A few years ago, we used pen and paper to track various habits like food intake and work outs and considered it as one of the top most way to implement self-discipline in our lives. Paper has been replaced by smart phones now. Here are the Top 5 weight loss apps for Indians.
Yes!! Weight loss based apps are making a huge difference in our daily lives. They help to do the calculations of calories consumed and burnt without thinking too hard.
Many Nutritionist and fitness experts recommend keeping a track of calories burnt and calorie intake as it is the best way to keep the diet and exercise organised which in turn speeds up one’s weight loss process.
Now a days, we have a wide range of weight loss apps to choose from. These apps are custom made to suit particular need such as calories consumed, calories burnt, count number of steps taken, suggests healthier food options, educate about nutritive values, foods to include and to avoid and so on.
So, here we present to you the top 5 weight loss apps for Indians to make weight loss program simpler and much more effective.
Top 5 weight loss apps for Indians
1. My fitness Pal:
This app adopts Western method of calorie counting and tracking. Over 10 million download on Google Play store and have a rating of 4.7 out of 5. This app is a complete weight loss tool as the focus is mainly on food and exercise.
- Immensely collated food database and has over 3 million food items which includes restaurant foods too that are not easy to track.
- Calorie tracking has been in a clean, easy and neat manner for the customers to use.
- Consists of food monitoring, tools, refined analysis and progress tracking tools.
- Major benefit: All important features are free to use.
- The app connects to all kinds of wearable devices.
- Easy to use, calming colours and in-built layout.
- A social media function to get motivated by friends.
2. Fit bit:
This app helps you to lose weight and stay in shape. Fit bit wearable devices are available which can be connected to the app for better tracking.
- This app provides you with good amount of information so that you can keep records of your weight and health goals.
- Easy to use tools and has different ways of showing your progress and motivates you.
- The device helps you in measuring number of steps taken, stairs climbed, distance covered and heart rate.
- You can keep a continuous track of your food, water, sleep habits and weight goals.
- Allows you to connect with your friends who are already using the device so that you can participate in different challenges with them and share it.
- Helps you to set alarm to wake up and exercise, sends notifications regarding fitness goals.
- Additionally, you receive awards if you achieve a specific goal.
3. Nike Training club:
This app helps you to lose weight by helping you to choose a workout or a 4 week program. The app is rated 4.6 out of 5 on Google play store.
- To start off with, there over 100 exercises and can help beginners, intermediate or advanced users.
- You can use the app on your TV, laptop so that you can train with convenience.
- The app tracks and stores all your runs and records like pace, location, distance, heart rate and so on.
- It has auto guided running workouts with professional Nike coaches and athletes to improve strength, speed and endurance.
- To adapt to your schedule and progress, personalized coaching plans are available.
- Fun and customized post run sharing with friends on social media by sharing pictures.
- In-run motivation and support from friends during your run to keep you going strong.
- You can easily compare and compete with friends on leader board.
Awarded the best weight loss app for 3 consecutive years, Healthifyme does not fail to impress in any way. This easy to use Indian calorie counter app has over 5 million downloads on Google play store with a rating of 4.6 out of 5.
Healthifyme is powered by top most coaches –Nutritionists, Yoga and Fitness experts.
Unique features of Healthifyme:
- The database of this app has most of the Indian foods with their native names.
- Includes lifestyle tracking like food intake, activities performed, water intake, weight monitoring and footsteps counting on daily basis.
- Displays automated historic data, macro nutrients breakdown and daily awareness on calorie budgets.
- Daily/weekly challenges by the coaches to the clients for a fun, inter-active way to weight loss.
- Easy to follow and customised diet and workout plans by the equipped coaches who understands your requirements and plan accordingly.
- Allows you to connect with a group of like – minded health enthusiasts to discuss, motivate and share each other’s weight loss journey.
- Displays healthy food alternatives over junk and unhealthy foods thus making smart food choices.
- Lively and colourful design and easy to use quick tracking options.
- New feature: ‘RIA’ World’s first Artificial Intelligence Nutritionist, who coaches, motivates and helps you to stay on track every time. Can answer any question and gives you instant reply.
Grow fit is a scientifically developed program wherein clients unlock their optimal weight. It addresses weight loss by providing freshly prepared meals and packaged foods to its customers. It mainly focuses on ketogenic diet. A ketogenic diet reduces the carbohydrate intake to minimal levels and increases the consumption healthy fats. In this way, there is a switch in the metabolism and start burning stored body fat for fuel, thus leading to healthy weight loss.
- It provides a wide range weight loss solution programs and meals are delivered accordingly to the customers.
- Every meal is prepared using premium natural ingredients.
- Offers health solutions for various health issues like PCOS, diabetes,
- The packaged foods include attas and mixes, cookies, snacks, smoothies and breakfast items.
- The app allows you to set weight loss goals.
- On board Nutritionists help in assigning customized diet plans after a consultation call.
- You can view the various programs, meal kits and other collections in just one lick.
- Vibrant design and easy to use app.
- Check out more info about them here .
So, in conclusion, there are several helpful apps that you can use to support your weight loss goals. These Top 5 weight loss apps for Indians are certainly worth experimenting to see if they can assist you with attaining your goals. With many different features available in each app, you may have to try out a few before you find one that suits your needs best amongst these Top 5 weight loss apps for Indians.
- Note – These Top 5 weight loss apps for Indians were randomly chosen based on the ease of self use . This is not a paid post.