We all have that urgency of losing weight. There is always an event that motivates us to lose weight. We wish to fit in a particular dress or look the best. The best we can do is go on the diet and do exercise to lose weight. But time crunch in the major issue. This is how we fall prey to crash dieting. There are quacks or sites that claim you can lose 10 kgs in 10 days . It sounds so appealing and over ambitious. We all have tried it at least once in our life.
To lose 10 kgs in 10 days , they promote to consume only fruits or vegetables or juices. There are some who would ask you to eat only once for few days and lose weight. Sometimes we go dangerously low with the calories just to get fast results. Something like an 800 – 900 calorie diet . People often have the wrong notion with crash dieting that “less is more”.
What crash diets follow is low carbohydrates, fat free and moderate proteins. It is very low calorie diet. It has more side effects than benefits. The calories are much less than what you burn. There is major gap between the calories burnt and consumed. Thus, you see fast result.
How to lose 10 kgs in 10 days ?
- Consume less than 1000 calories in a day.
- There is no restriction on consumption of plain water, black coffee or tea (without sugar).
- Consume more than 2 – 3 litres of water daily.
- Consume only low fat or skimmed milk products.
- Use appropriate fat substitutes.
- Cut down use of fats in foods.
- Consume only lean meat, fish or egg whites.
- Eat whole grain cereals and millets.
- Workout twice in a day for at least 40 – 45 minutes.
- Reduce the number of meals in a day.
Lose 10 kgs in 10 days ; How does it work Or does it really work?
Following a crash diet for few days might give you desired result. May be you will actually lose 10 kgs in 10 days. But it is really interesting to know if the weight loss is the healthy one or no. Crash diets give short term results. We all know that once you are off the diet, you again put on the lost weight. Now think why does this happen? When you cut down on calories you definitely lose weight, but the composition of body is most affected. The dramatic weight loss is due to certain metabolic changes that happen in the body, like:
- Initially what you lose is body water. The first thing the body utilises in food crisis is body water.
- Body water is generally stored in body fluids and between muscles. With lack of water the muscles also become weak.
- After initial use of water and carbohydrates, body breaks down muscles for energy.
- Fat is the last option that body uses for fuel. In fact with calorie deprivation, the body starts conserving fat for later use.
Thus, what you lose in those 10 days is body water and muscles. The body fat is not even used up. Weight loss is effective if you lose fat deposition. Fat is the main culprit for all the obesity related illnesses. So if you want to really lose weight target the body fat and not body weight as whole.
Results of crash dieting when you try to lose 10 kgs in 10 days :
The basic principle of crash dieting to lose 10 kgs in 10 days is to reduce the calories. This reduction in calories also deprives you of important nutrients. You run the risk of permanent damage to the body. It may cause
- Lethargy due to lack of calories and also the sympathetic nervous system conserves energy
- Deficiency of vitamins and minerals which then have to be provided via supplements
- There is hair fall, brittle nails and dry skin all because of lack of adequate nutrition
- Headaches and nausea due to hyper acidity
- Less immunity because of less intake of antioxidants
- Hunger pangs throughout the day
- Reduction in energy intake leads to slow metabolism which hinders weight loss
- Lack of proportionate carbohydrate for proteins will cause muscle breakdown for energy
- Aging process fastens as the skin loses its elasticity and muscles become weak
- Post-crash dieting you put on weight faster, that too fat deposition is more than muscle gain
How much weight can you lose ideally?
- The calories consumed have a very high impact on the weight. The calories consumed have to be less than the calories you burn. The negative balance of these calories helps in weight reduction. If the calories consumed is more than burnt then it leads to weight gain.
- The first thing for weight loss we do is count calories burnt and determine the calories required for the body. To shed each pound of weight you need 500 calorie reduction. So gradually reduce 500 calories till you reach your target. In 10 days ideally you can lose is just 1 – 3 pounds that is half to 1 kg only.
Read – All about Calories
So how do you lose 10 kgs of weight ?
Subscribe to our You tube channel – SUBSCRIBE NOW
Why wish for a temporary effect when you can have a permanent solution? Why not try to eliminate unhealthy food and replace with healthy options?
- Avoid and restrict bakery products, junk, fried, smoked and foods with high calorie sauces
- Consume more of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low fat variants of milk and lean meat
- Avoid alcohol, aerated drinks, sugary drinks and juices
- Take up moderate physical activity as per your daily schedule and make it a habit
- Sleep for at least 7 – 8 hours
- Hydrate the body well
- Avoid unnecessary self-medications
Yes the result will be slow but guaranteed. The balanced diet gives a boost in energy levels and improves immunity. A positive lifestyle change is the key to successful weight loss journey.
Read – How to lose weight effectively.
– Top 10 tips on losing weight .
– 1200 calories Indian diet plan for weight loss
– Gluten free diet plan for weight loss
We very well know…All that glitters is not gold. To lose 10 kgs in 10 days is an unhealthy goal to look at . A 10-day crash diet might be very appealing to you, but it can lead to yo-yo dieting. There are chances of regaining same pounds lost after the diet period is over. A crash diet is not a healthy way to lose weight. It is always better to take professional help from certified personnel for long lasting effect without any side effects. to get assistance for a healthy weight loss ,contact us at email@example.com or check this page – Diet services.
Satish Singh GAUR
10kg waight lass of 10 days
RD, Payal Banka (Registered Dietitian)
I want to lose 14kg in one month my handphone is 92236459
This looks really good Payal Banka. I have actually used some of these methods in my journey to lose some fat. I am glad i could get some more tips on how to speed it up.
This African tea will reduce your weight and you will be ok and remain a happy and less depressed person
Am new for kitchen how to prepare black coffee mam
boil water and add cofee powder , quantity depends on your taste . if you are following for weight loss, then avoiding sugar will help in burning more fats. if not add a little sugar too.
I am more weight.. 78kg, height 5.0. Have thyroid tablets.
Daily morning walk 50mins. Evening not exercise..me tired(weakness).. home food only. Little like sweet. Office siting 8hours.
Not less weight.