The Amazing Bone Broth is nature’s multivitamin. Before the food industry originated, bone broth was known to be the ancient wisdom for health restoration and longevity. Its consumption has become one of the trends in London and New York. You might wonder why this liquid is being claimed to be a Super food? So, Would you like to know what is bone broth? What is Bone Broth in hindi called ? About Bone Broth recipe and Bone broth benefits and whether or not there are any scientific pieces of evidence to support this nourishing tonic? Let’s find out.
What is Bone broth in Hindi ? Bone Broth Benefits and Recipe
Bone Broth in hindi is nothing but ” Haddiyon ka Shorba” or to put in simple terms ” Bone soup “. The bone broth is same as beef or chicken broth that appears in the grocery store shelves. It is a simple soup starter which is prepared by putting bones usually of cow, sheep, chicken or pig in a crock pot, mixed with veggies such as carrots, celery, and onion along with a dash of salt and water. Then these contents are left to simmer for a period of 24 to 48 hours and bone broth is ready!
The simmering process involves breaking down of bones and the release of collagen and gelatin both of which improve the joint health and digestion besides providing calcium and vitamins. When cooked for a longer time, it extracts even more gelatin out of the bones which is what makes it a Super food.
Bone Broth Benefits
Preparation of bone broth is time- consuming but owing to its numerous health benefits it is well worth the effort. It can be enjoyed as a base for soups or on its own since there are various ingredients in it to enhance its flavor. This nutritious drink offers a host of health benefits. Here is the list of bone broth benefits-
It strengthens your immune system by relieving the symptoms of colds and flu.
Bone broth is believed to have a healthy inflammatory response and supports the function of a normal immune system.
It is packed with several useful nutrients that nourish your joints and bones.
The main component of bone broth is gelatin which helps in the formation of strong bones and takes the pressure off from the aging joints.
It heals your gut and is beneficial in leaky gut syndrome
The gelatin and collagen found in bone broth are rich in amino acids which have the ability to close and heal the holes found in the gut lining causing a condition known as the leaky gut syndrome.
Bone broth is excellent for losing weight.
A bone broth diet accelerates weight loss by limiting the calorie intake and burning fat in an effective way. It involves consuming a Paleo diet for a period of 5 days and fasting for two days. This 7- day diet includes consumption of only bone broth soup.
Read – Indian version of Paleo diet
Bone broth promotes better sleep
When taken as a supplement bone broth improves the quality of sleep as it contains glycine which works on your nervous system.
It helps to raise your overall energy levels.
Bone broth helps to maintain a healthy skin
Being the best source of collagen, bone broth helps to maintain the texture, appearance and the tone of your skin. It has a deep and lasting impact on your skin.
Read – How to improve skin tone
Bone broth increases hair and nail health
The collagen found in the bone broth helps to strengthen the nails and promotes thick and shiny hair growth.
Bone broth helps in pregnancy
Most important Bone broth benefits is that it helps in soothing nausea associated with morning sickness in the early stages of pregnancy. It offers a range of essential nutrients that includes minerals vitamins as well as protein that is beneficial to both the mother and growing baby. It can even help to increase the fertility and increase the levels of calcium in the breast milk in lactating mother.
Aids in detoxification
Bone broth is known to be a powerful detoxifying agent as it stimulates the liver’s ability to eliminate toxins from the body.
Bone broth benefits include helping to regularize the acids in your stomach which is beneficial for ulcers, celiac disease, and colitis.
A bone broth recipe to try-
Healthy Bone Broth Recipe
Bone Broth Recipe ; Ingredients-
10 cups purified water
1 pound chicken breast
2 chopped carrots
2 thinly sliced celery stalks
1 medium chopped beetroot
½ chopped red onion
5 freshly ground whole black peppercorns
2- inch fresh grated ginger
1 lemon juice
¼ tsp each of fenugreek, coriander, turmeric, fennel, carom seeds, cumin and mustard seeds
Pink Himalayan salt to taste
Bone broth recipe ; Directions-
- Add all the above ingredients to the crockpot except the salt.
- Add filtered water to the crock pot till it is full and cover it.
- Adjust the crock pot temperature to a low setting and cook for twelve to twenty hours.
- Remove the crock pot from the heat and let it cool down for some time.
- Strain it and add lemon juice and salt.
- This broth can be kept in the refrigerator for a week.
- The strained Bone broth can be composted or added to other dishes like dals, rice or tea.
- The extra broth can be frozen in Tupperware or Ziplock bags as needed.
- Enjoy bone broth benefits with this healthy bone broth recipe.
A few useful tips to make the bone broth recipe tastier-
- For Indian bone broth recipe, you can add whole spices like nutmeg, cardamom, cinnamon, saffron, cloves to make it palatable. To prepare a European version, you can try adding aromatic veggies like celery, leek, parsnips, and carrots coupled with some fresh herbs like oregano, rosemary to improve its flavor.
- Add the herbs to broth at the end stage of cooking.
- For a good flavor, cook the broth at least for half a day.
- Add the right quantity of water to fully cover the bones as it evaporates in the course of cooking for a prolonged period.
- During winters you can sprinkle grated ginger and fresh black pepper to the broth to cure the winter cold and flu.
- Lastly it takes a great amount of patience to prepare this hearty soup but in the end, it’s all worth your effort.
End Note –
Nature has abundant super foods. It is only up to us to identify them and choose them for a healthy life. Hence make use of this.