” How to be thin”? Marriage is one of the most pleasant and memorable events in the life of a woman. Brides, and even grooms nowadays, want to look their best for their special day. Even close relatives and good friends seek answers on How to be thin for this special day.
If you are the bride to be, then in order to fulfil your dream of looking good and thin for wedding, you should take into consideration certain things that not just help you look thin but makes you feel good and energetic. This also enables you to handle the stress and exertion which is quite natural.Here are some tips on how to be thin for wedding.
How to be thin for wedding: –
Developing a healthy diet is not only beneficial for losing weight for your wedding day, but it is also necessary for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Ideally, a bride should indulge in right nutrition and lifestyle around 3 – 4 months before the wedding so as to have a desired effect on the body. During this time follow the tips below to make changes in your diet and lifestyle so as to have a thinner body along with a good glow on the skin and hair.Here are the tips on How to be thin for wedding.
- Drink a lot of water – Include good quantity of water (about 10-12 glasses daily) and avoid diuretics like coffee and energy drinks as much as possible. Water will help your complexion and will help your metabolism work faster. If possible, aim to have atleast 5 glasses of lukewarm water with lemon along with 5-6 glasses of normal water throughout the day.
- Exercise – Include a minimum of 45 minutes of aerobic activity like brisk walking, jogging and swimming every day. Doing exercise daily will get you motivated and can be a good wedding stress reliever. Also, do gentle yoga stretching to release tension and meditate for 10 minutes while doing slow and deep breathing.
- Breakfast – Start the day with a good breakfast as it will jump-start your metabolism and reduce mid-morning cravings. Recent research indicates that rather than eating 3 large meals daily, our metabolism is better served by regular and small meals. Have 5-6 small meals per day with one meal every 3-4 hours. Also, always have a light and an early dinner (before 7:30 pm).
- Choose healthy foods – Foods that are comparatively less refined and less processed like brown rice and whole wheat flour without removing the bran (choker). Avoid white flour (maida) and white rice.
- Eat a variety of foods from all the food groups. Your body needs a wide range of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, amino acids and other nutrients in order to function efficiently. By eating a range of food types, you can be sure that you are getting your daily-required amounts of these important nutrients.
- Eat high-fibre foods- Include fruits, vegetables, beans and grains. High fibre foods help you lose weight because they are not only nutritious but also very filling. Also, high fibre foods help slow the absorption of carbohydrates so that blood sugar levels are more consistent. Stable blood sugar helps limit food cravings.
- Choose roasted, grilled or steamed preparations over deeply fried preparations. Also, avoid consuming too much of processed, baked or fried foods as they are difficult to digest.
- Decrease tea/coffee intake to not more than 2 cups/day and totally avoid diet soft drinks. Include green tea 3-4 times a day.
- Include one serving of papaya and pomegranate (anar) daily for that perfect, glowing skin
- Consume soaked almonds (badam) 4-5 pieces daily in the morning.
- Sound sleep for at least 7-8 hrs is essential for that perfect skin.
- Avoid high glycemic index (GI) foods such as white bread, cornflakes, baked potatoes, watermelon, etc. Eating low GI foods means you avoid spikes and dramatic falls in blood sugar so you get a much steadier stream of energy.
Now you know how to be thin for wedding, Here is what you need to do on wedding day !
On Wedding Day
The brides should take special care of themselves on the wedding day to combat stress and exertion.
- Have proper meals on the wedding day with fruit/vegetable juices in between to keep yourself glowing and going. Avoid long gaps between the meals.
- To keep the stomach clear on the wedding day, have a glass of lukewarm milk the previous night.
- Along with caffeine and alcohol, also avoid rice, corn, junk foods, canned juices, sugar contents to overcome bloating.
- Have a good sleep before the wedding day. Lack of sleep added with the stress because of the wedding, may take the glow away from your face.
How to be thin is a question that bothers a lot of people, good body shape should be your life time goal and not just a wedding day goal.
Image : Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos