Water weight! A reason that worries weight watchers. It’s not only the weight but also the bloated feeling that does not allow you to feel easy. Don’t worry, natural diuretics foods are here to help you. A lot of people succumb to taking diuretic drugs and that would help them out of this bloaty feel. But why choose them when you can help yourself with these natural diuretics.
Natural diuretics will not only help you in losing water weight, but also help you in conditions like edema, kidney stones and heart ailments. Natural diuretics also help in detoxification of the body. Here is a list of natural diuretics foods to help you.
Natural diuretics foods
- Cranberry : Cranberry juice is proven to treat urinary tract infections in women by maintaining the pH level of urine. Cranberry is an effective natural diuretic. It can help in conditions like Edema. Studies have shown that cranberries can treat urinary tract infections in women. It is one of the fastest acting natural diuretics.
- Watermelon: Watermelon, in fact all melon fruits are best natural diuretics. They are high in water content. These fruits help in eliminating excess water by increased urination. And it does so without eliminating the essential mineral with water.
- Green tea: In china green tea has a very high regard. It stimulates diuresis, increases BMR and thus helps in weight loss. Stick to a few cups of green tea everyday, if you want to lose weight effectively.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes work as natural diuretics owing to their high water content. so if you are looking to lose weight add some tomatoes to your salad every day. Tomatoes should be avoided by those who have any renal problem, as they are high in potassium and oxalates.
- Cucumbers: Cucumber is rich in minerals like silicon and sulfur and is high in water content. Hence it helps in eliminating excess water while it also stimulates the kidney to excrete excess uric acid. Thus guarding not only against water weight but also conditions like gout.
- Fennel: This aromatic spice from India has rich flavor. It helps in maintaining hydration, reducing stress, improves digestion and helps in stimulating waste removal from the body.
- Barley: It is one of the most effective natural diuretics. It is specially useful for pregnant women, with water retention. It helps in maintaining the blood pressure while eliminating the excess water that causes edema. Just boil barley in water and drink that water for results.
- Asparagus: It contains Asparagine. This chemical is an alkaloid which can stimulate the kidneys to remove excess water and improve the blood circulation.
- Beets: It is a strong natural diuretics. Beet root can enhance the functions of liver and the kidneys. It is rich in minerals like iron which cleanses the corpuscles which contain fat deposits.
- Lettuce: Lettuce commonly known as salad leaves tastes great and its high water content helps in flushing out the excess water . Like beet root, it also contain minerals like iron and magnesium that help to wash out fatty cells.
The over-the-counter pills used for diuretic functions wash away important minerals along with the water. It is any day safer and better to use these natural diuretics for the purpose for better and safer results.
Image : Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos