Your face creates the first impression about you. When someone looks at you, he/she actually looks at your face. These Exercises to Lose Double Chin and Chubby Cheeks will improve your first impression.
Image :Copyright: nastia / 123RF Stock Photo
Your dress won’t matter much if your face fails to grab the first attention from the people around you. Don’t be confused. You do not have to be extraordinarily beautiful in order to create magic in the minds of others. You only need to make sure that you preserve what God has designed during the process of creation of human forms. Maintain the originality of God’s designs and you will respect the original “You”. Besides having a perfect skincare routine to preserve the youthful glow of your skin, you also need to make sure that you work your facial muscles so as to preserve the natural shape of your face. Like other parts of your body, fat gets deposited in your face, especially in your chin and cheeks. So here are a few exercises to Lose Double Chin and Chubby Cheeks.
Exercises to Lose Double Chin :
Increasing age, weight gain, and loss of collagen cause sagginess of the chin. Fortunately, double chin can be effectively reduced exercises . Here are a few exercises to Lose Double Chin.
- Chin Lift Exercise: This exercise requires you to work and stretch multiple facial muscles including neck, throat, and jaw and hence, it is one of the best exercises to reduce double chin. You need to make use of your lips to do this exercise and you may choose to perform it either in sitting or standing position.
How to do it -Look up and look towards the ceiling with your eyes fixed towards the ceiling. Make your lips tight as though you are trying to kiss the ceiling. Remain in this posture for about 5 seconds and the come back to your normal position. Repeat this exercise 10 to 20 counts.
- Jaw Release: The jaw release exercise can help you get a sharply defined jaw line and strong cheek bones. With this exercise, you can work the muscles around your lips, cheeks, and jaws.
- Platysma Tone: The exercise provides amazing results in terms of toning your chin and cheek muscles and prominently defining your jaw line. Platysma refers to a muscle that originates from the chin region and stretches to the shoulder. When you work the platysma, you can prevent the sagging of the neck as well.
How to do it -Sit or stand in a straight posture. Open your mouth and pull back your lips in a downward direction. Press your lips against the teeth and move your jaw up and down. Make sure that the muscles of your jaw are being pulled and the tendons of your neck should feel the stretch. Repeat 20 times.
- Rolling the Neck: This exercise not only tones your jaw line, chin, and neck muscles, but it also reduces stress and promotes sleep. It tightens the skin of your neck and reduces wrinkles. You can be in a sitting or standing posture while carrying out this exercise.
How to do it -Keep your head in the normal position. Next, bend your head to one side and then slowly rotate it so as to make a complete circular rotation. Make sure that you keep your spine straight and your shoulders down at all times. Continue rotating your head in circular motion in clockwise as well as anti- clockwise direction for 3 to 4 minutes.
Exercises to Reduce Cheek Fat
After exercises to lose double chin , it is now time to learn exercises to lose fat from cheeks. Chubby cheeks define a baby’s cuteness, but as we grow up, we have a different definition of beauty. We like well-defined cheekbones and prominently-sculpted jaw line. And perhaps this is the design that nature has created for human forms. However, some people retain their baby face and some may gain weight because of which their cheek bones may lack definition. Here’s how they can reduce facial fat and get a chiseled face:
- Fish Face: This exercise is a sort of anytime-anywhere job that you can perform while doing other activities such as watching T.V., taking bath, or reading a novel. Through this exercise, you can stretch your cheek muscles and reduce flabbiness.
How to do it :Pout your lips. Suck your cheeks and form a fish face. Try to smile while being in this posture and hold till 5 seconds. Relax when you feel the pressure on your cheeks and jaws. Repeat 15 to 20 times.
- Cheek Lifts: A wide smile not only rejuvenates the mood of the one who smiles and the others who witness it, but it also serves as the basis of the cheek lift exercise. A wide smile tones and strengthens drooping cheeks and reduces cheek wrinkles which make your face look younger.
How to do it -Take a comfortable sitting posture and smile as wide as you can. While smiling, raise your cheeks upwards and push against your eyes. Feel the tension in your cheek muscles. If possible, shut your eyes and do this exercise more conveniently. Remain in this posture for 15 seconds and then come back to the relaxing mode. Repeat the exercise 15 times at a stretch.
- The Blow-Air Exercise: This exercise makes use of almost all the neck and facial muscles and hence, it is one of the most effective and natural face lift exercises that can address both chubby cheeks and double chin issues.
How to do it– Begin by sitting straight on a chair. Bend your head back so as to face the ceiling. Pull your lips together and blow out air from your mouth. Keep blowing out air for 5 seconds and ten relax. Repeat 15 to 20 times.
- The Mouthwash Move: This facial exercise not only strengthens the cheek muscles, but it also helps in reducing double chin.
How to do it -Sit in a comfortable position and fill up one of your cheeks with air. Next, transfer the air from one cheek to the other and continue to do so for a minute and then relax. The movement is very similar to what you would do while rinsing your mouth with a mouthwash. Repeat the exercise 5 to 10 times.
End Note: A Few Tips
There can be several reasons why your face may look fat.
- Face bloating may result from dehydration and hence drink adequate water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Make sure your diet is low in fat and sugar content and includes lot of fruits and vegetables.
- Never skip your breakfast as breakfast boosts the metabolic rate.
- Try to say no to smoking and drinking. I said ‘try’ as I know that people with drinking or smoking habit may find it really difficult to control their craving.
- Do some sort of physical activity at least for 30 minutes on a daily basis.
- Make sure that you get eight hours of restful sleep daily.
So stop envying celebrities and get inspired by them. Do these exercises to lose double chin and get a lovely looking glamorous face.