How to take care of sensitive skin ? A question that may bother a lot of people especially in winters. Sensitive skin is that delicate skin that reacts easily to heat and cold conditions. This type of skin could get sunburned easily as well as get affected by wind too. Any external factors such as detergents, cosmetics, or temperature changes could cause irritation to such a skin giving rise to rashes, blotches, or visible surface veins. As a result, people with sensitive skin always have to cover their skin completely with long-sleeved garments when they go out. Don’t worry, read on to know How to take care of Sensitive Skin
Factors That Cause Skin Sensitivity
Age, gender, and race play a role in causing skin sensitivity. Apart from these, the factors that normally cause skin sensitivity are:
• Unattended dry, injured skin.
• Excessive exposure to environmental conditions like heat, cold, harsh sun and wind.
• Certain skin disorders like eczema, hives, and contact dermatitis.
Care for Sensitive Skin
The redness, irritation, and blotchiness can be uncomfortable and embarrassing. Special care and attention is required to tackle this issue. It requires an integrated approach by combining the right kind of skin care products, proper diet, and some natural and traditional wisdom. Here is How to take care of sensitive skin;
How to take care of sensitive skin
• Skin-friendly diet: People with sensitive skin should be careful with their diet. A diet consisting of plenty of colourful fruits and vegetables keeps the skin healthy. Foods rich in vitamin B complex such as lean meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dark green vegetables, whole grains, mushrooms, and yeast should be part of your diet. Apart from this, fish liver oil, almonds, walnuts, and flax seeds, etc., which are rich in omega 3 fatty acids will also help in maintaining good skin health. You should be aware as to which are the allergy causing foods in your case and stay away from those.
• Water intake: Drinking ample amount of water frequently during the day can keep the skin hydrated and help the skin fight and resist irritation.
• Care during summer and winter: Sensitive skin has a tendency to react sharply during extreme weather conditions such as hot summers and cold winters. Therefore, it is very important to wash and cleanse the exposed skin with mild soap frequently. After washing, the skin should be dried with soft towels and moisturiser should be applied. Skin should be protected with sunscreen lotion while going out in the sun.
How to take care of sensitive skin using home remedies-
The following treatments are good for your sensitive skin:
• Cleansing: Use almond oil or jojoba oil. This will both cleanse and moisturise you skin.
• Exfoliating: Mix some oatmeal and mashed grapefruit. Apply it on the face and leave it on for some time, and gently wash away with water. This will scrub off the dry dead skin cells and dirt.
• Face pack: Mix some cucumber juice and yogurt and apply it to your face. This is a cool pack and good for sensitive skin.
• Facial: Opt for natural fruit facial next time at the beauty salon. This way, you don’t have to deal with harsh chemicals.
• Aloe vera: Aloe vera gel is good for sensitive skin types. It is a skin rejuvenator.
Sensitive skin is a very sensitive issue indeed and demands a lot of patience from the sufferer. Sometimes, even organic products or natural products can cause irritation.Now that you know How to take care of sensitive skin, it is a good idea to test any new product on a small area of your skin to check for any adverse reaction before using it on your face.
Image : Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos
hello mam! I have acne and reddish on my face. I don’t know how to get rid of them especially from redness. I had used many things and also i went to many skin specialists but i am unable to get rid of acne and redness. Kindly give me the solution.
Hi Hamza , what is your age ? this may be puberty age related / hormones related . in this cold weather , it is best to just apply aloevera gel and nothing else , so that the redness can be taken care of.
Hello mam i have 25 year old. I have use melas cream to reduce my wrinkles but next day all area of my eye is red. What can i do please sugest me.
Hi Rashmi ,
you can apply aleovera gel in the affceted area
Hi…i have very sensitive n dry skin..two days before my face burn with lemon…i have red rashes on my face without itching n pain..pls help to remove rashes fast…thanks
rub aloevera gel on your face . it will heal very fast
Hi, I’m 26 years old and I have a son who is 31 months we both have very itchy skin I believe it’s hives can u plz suggest something for us.
have you seen any dermatologist ? im afraid but providing diet tips for a little one without being sure of what it is is really risky. Please dot mind , but i cant provide you solutions for problems which im not very sure about.
as far as your itching is concerned , avoid foods that trigger your itching . you need to watch and maintain a diary of what you ate after which your itching started . Generally , foods like egg, nuts, chocolate, berries, tomatoes, cheese, milk, and wheat are allergens in most cases. so finding your allergen and avoiding it is the best thing diet wise.
I have skin ellergy , at summer as well as at winter. Plz give me suggestion but i need to do .
Hi Hima , what kind of allergy ? have you seen a skin specialist ?
I m 17 yrs old my skin is getting very dry and dull from last 1month so plss help me out ..
And my upper lips skin and lower lips skin had become very hard,rough and dry so what should i do?? And also give some home remedies for it…please help me out for it mam..
Hi Riddhi ,
mix glycerine , rose water and lemon juice in (1 : 2: 1/2) proportion. and keep this mix in a bottle . apply it 10 mins before going to bath and for better results , apply this mix on face and othe affected areas at night and sleep . you will notice positive change in just 1 week .
Thank you soo much mam!!!
But is glycerine good for the skin because its very strong and lemon does not suit my skin soo can you please say me any other home remedies please … (In which lemon and glycerine are not used)
glycerine is the base of all mositurizer and body lotions and jelly creams in the market today . dont worry about using it . if lemon doesnt suit you , you can reduce the quantity to a minimum.
you can also use masoor dal with cream and haldi use this face mask and it will help .
i have a acne scar dry skin.and when i used honey with lemon juice it creats irritation in my face.n i have blemishes in my face and it is not tight also.so what to do.plss ans me.
if lemon din suit you , try mixing lemon , glycerine and rose water together and apply this mix at night after washin g face . ratio of mixing is 10 tsp lemon juice , 2 tsp glycerine and 5 tsp rose water . you can store this mix for almost a month .
It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you
shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this.
Thank you for sharing.
Hi i am 22yr of age and my weight is75 and its increasing day by day can you suggest me adiet so i can lose weight upto 15 kg in 3 months
Kindly let me know your height as well .
Helo mam..I am 35 yrs old housewife and a mother of an 4 yr old boy.post delivery I hv increased my weight so much dat I need sum gud diet plus sum exercises frm u.i m maharashtrian so need my diet accordingly.presently my weight is 82.pls mam help me out suggesting gud diet nd exercise.
Thank you for reading at Dietburrp. You can try following this diet chart for weight loss – https://www.dietburrp.com/1200-calorie-indian-diet-plan-for-weight-loss-gujrati-marathi/
In case you are looking for a customized diet plan based on youyr timings and food habits , plz see this page – https://www.dietburrp.com/diet-services/