How to take care of sensitive skin ? A question that may bother a lot of people especially in winters. Sensitive skin is that delicate skin that reacts easily to heat and cold conditions. This type of skin could get sunburned easily as well as get affected by wind too. Any external factors such as detergents, cosmetics, or temperature changes could cause irritation to such a skin giving rise to rashes, blotches, or visible surface veins. As a result, people with sensitive skin always have to cover their skin completely with long-sleeved garments when they go out. Don’t worry, read on to know How to take care of Sensitive Skin
Factors That Cause Skin Sensitivity
Age, gender, and race play a role in causing skin sensitivity. Apart from these, the factors that normally cause skin sensitivity are:
• Unattended dry, injured skin.
• Excessive exposure to environmental conditions like heat, cold, harsh sun and wind.
• Certain skin disorders like eczema, hives, and contact dermatitis.
Care for Sensitive Skin
The redness, irritation, and blotchiness can be uncomfortable and embarrassing. Special care and attention is required to tackle this issue. It requires an integrated approach by combining the right kind of skin care products, proper diet, and some natural and traditional wisdom. Here is How to take care of sensitive skin;
How to take care of sensitive skin
• Skin-friendly diet: People with sensitive skin should be careful with their diet. A diet consisting of plenty of colourful fruits and vegetables keeps the skin healthy. Foods rich in vitamin B complex such as lean meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dark green vegetables, whole grains, mushrooms, and yeast should be part of your diet. Apart from this, fish liver oil, almonds, walnuts, and flax seeds, etc., which are rich in omega 3 fatty acids will also help in maintaining good skin health. You should be aware as to which are the allergy causing foods in your case and stay away from those.
• Water intake: Drinking ample amount of water frequently during the day can keep the skin hydrated and help the skin fight and resist irritation.
• Care during summer and winter: Sensitive skin has a tendency to react sharply during extreme weather conditions such as hot summers and cold winters. Therefore, it is very important to wash and cleanse the exposed skin with mild soap frequently. After washing, the skin should be dried with soft towels and moisturiser should be applied. Skin should be protected with sunscreen lotion while going out in the sun.
How to take care of sensitive skin using home remedies-
The following treatments are good for your sensitive skin:
• Cleansing: Use almond oil or jojoba oil. This will both cleanse and moisturise you skin.
• Exfoliating: Mix some oatmeal and mashed grapefruit. Apply it on the face and leave it on for some time, and gently wash away with water. This will scrub off the dry dead skin cells and dirt.
• Face pack: Mix some cucumber juice and yogurt and apply it to your face. This is a cool pack and good for sensitive skin.
• Facial: Opt for natural fruit facial next time at the beauty salon. This way, you don’t have to deal with harsh chemicals.
• Aloe vera: Aloe vera gel is good for sensitive skin types. It is a skin rejuvenator.
Sensitive skin is a very sensitive issue indeed and demands a lot of patience from the sufferer. Sometimes, even organic products or natural products can cause irritation.Now that you know How to take care of sensitive skin, it is a good idea to test any new product on a small area of your skin to check for any adverse reaction before using it on your face.
Image : Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos