Imagine carrying a whole world inside you…happiness is the feeling of the baby growing inside the womb. However, to some couples, this happiness comes after a lot of struggle. That is when Advanced science comes to their rescue. As rightly said there is no failure until you stop trying. IVF is one such attempt. Here is everything that you need to know about IVF. An Indian Diet Plan For IVF as well as all the details on What to Eat Before IVF Transfer and what to eat during IVF 2 week wait period.
What is IVF?
IVF is in vitro fertilization process with series of steps that help with fertility and assist conception. The female egg and male sperm are fertilized in a lab and then transferred to the uterus. This whole process takes at least 3 weeks of time. This is the last option used by the doctors if methods like fertility drugs, surgery and artificial insemination were unsuccessful.
Who should go for IVF treatment ?
- Unknown fertility issue
- Parental genetic disease
- Poor egg quality
- Uterus or fallopian tubes issues
- Irregular or improper ovulation
- Low sperm counts
- The inability of sperm to penetrate the cervical mucus
Factor that affect IVF treatment:
- Endometriosis: Females suffering from endometriosis find it difficult to conceive naturally. IVF is also not 100 % effective for those females. Diet plan for endometriosis that really works.
- Reproductive history: Second pregnancies are more successful than first pregnancy using IVF. All you need top eat for a good pregnancy.
- Mother’s age: The older the age, it is more difficult to have successful IVF results. Younger the females, there are more chances of giving birth to healthy infant. Indian diet plan for Pre pregnancy is just what you need.
- Right time for embryo transfer: Each day is very important for embryo development. More developed the embryo more chances of getting pregnant.
- Lifestyle: Women who are obese, smoke or consume alcohol have very less chances of IVF success compared to healthy female. Even excess caffeine hinders the IVF procedure. Pregnancy diet plan for obese women.
Indian Diet Plan For IVF
When you opt for IVF, you put too many things on stake. Money, emotions, hopes and desire to become a parent. You want to make sure that you do everything right and everything possible to make this IVF transfer successful. This is where the right diet steps in. this Indian diet plan for IVF, will help you take care of your food related woes. Here are the details of what to eat before IVF transfer as well as what to eat during IVF 2 weeks wait period.
What to Eat Before IVF Transfer ?
- Moderate carbs: Consume more of low Glycemic Index foods that will help lose weight and maintain hormone balance. Include whole grain cereals, whole wheat flour roti, Brown rice, pulao, oats, millets, quinoa, whole fruits and vegetables. Sources of complex carbs.
- Good quality proteins: Consume high quality first class proteins to promote ovulation and maintain the health of the embryo. Select low fat milk and products, egg whites, poultry, legumes and pulses, fish, soy and products. List of Protein Foods.
- Omega 3 rich fats: Include omega 3 rich fats to reduce inflammation and promote embryo fertilization. Use groundnut oil, olive oil, canola oil, rice bran oil in rotation to ensure healthy fats. Include nuts like walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts along with seeds like sunflower, pumpkin, chia and flaxseeds.
Best Foods for IVF Implantation Success
- Iron rich foods: Green leafy vegetables, dates, fresh dates as well as ragi are rich in iron that will help normal menstruation and ovulation. More iron rich foods.
- Folic acid: Folic acid helps in ovulation and maturing of egg. It also helps in fertilization of sperm and ova. Include foods like pulses, green leafy vegetables, broccoli, sprouts as well as fortified foods. More information on increasing sperm count.
- Antioxidant rich foods: Vegetables, fruits, nuts are all rich in antioxidants. These foods not only help in reducing inflammation, but also promote fertilization and help in fetal development.
- Olive oil: It helps improve female egg quality.
- Fish: fresh water fish helps in maintaining progesterone hormone.
- Walnuts: Omega 3 and 6 in walnuts boosts fertility.
- Broccoli: It is rich in iron, antioxidants and folic acid that helps in development of the fetus.
List of Foods to Avoid in IVF treatment
- Raw or half cooked non vegetarian foods: Raw eggs and improperly cooked meat might cause some infection. Cook it well before you eat.
- Refined sugars: Refined sugars worsen insulin resistance, obesity and PCOS. It minimizes the success of IVF pregnancy.
- Alcohol: Alcohol leads to abnormal ovulation. This can hamper the ovulation while under IVF treatment. It also might lead to miscarriages and fetal impairment.
- Smoke: Smoking causes infertility and ovulation defects. Stay awake from some till you conceive and deliver healthy infant. Here is an Indian diet plan to help you quit smoking.
- Caffeine: Caffeine might lead to neurological defects in the fetus along with making IVF unsuccessful. Consume decaffeinated beverages for successful IVF.
Indian Diet Plan For IVF
Concentrate more on maintaining healthy weight before and during IVF procedure. Try to overcome any nutritional deficiency before you start with IVF treatment. Follow same instructions before and during IVF treatment till you transition into pregnancy diet. Here is a sample Indian diet plan for IVF. This can be followed before IVF and during the IVF 2 weeks wait period.
Sample Of Indian Diet Plan for IVF Treatment:
Dates 2 no. + 2 halves of walnuts + 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds.
green juice (Dudhi + mint + broccoli + ginger + spinach + chia seeds + lemon juice).
Nachni satva in milk with chopped almonds or 2 no. (Small)Vegetable Oats chilla with green chutney.
+ 1 cup Green Tea (Caffeine free) or Herbal Tea.
1 medium size fruit (Any seasonal fibrous fruit).
1 cup Green Salad or vegetable soup +
2 Multigrain chapatti or 1 millet roti +
½ cup Brown Rice +
1.5 cup Green Vegetable +
1 cup Dal or Sprouts.
1 glass thin Buttermilk or 1 cup curd with flaxseeds.
1 cup Elaichi nutmeg Milk +
2 khakras OR 1 cup Vegetable Poha OR 5 – 6 pcs Moong dal Dhokla with tomato chutney.
1 cup Green Salad or vegetable soup + 1 cup Vegetable dal Khichdi + 1 cup Kadhi + 1 cup Curd.
1 Cup vegetable soup + 2 small Dal Paratha + 1 cup Stir fry vegetables + 1 cup curd or 100 gms chicken or fish.
1 cup low fat milk or 1 glass Almond Milk or 2 egg whites (boiled) + 2 hemp seeds.
Tips on How to Make IVF Successful?
- De stress: Calm and peaceful mind maintains body’s equilibrium and enhances IVF success. Engage in some hobbies or recreational activity to de stress yourself from daily routine.
- Hydration: Water plays a very vital role in reversing the bloating in the body. It helps to avoid excess caloric intake and lead to weight loss that help IVF procedure. It also maintains water electrolyte balance while undergoing IVF.
- Improve sleep pattern: Sufficient sleep maintains hormonal balance. It helps ovulation on time and increases fertility.
- Breathe: Breathing exercises help keep your nerves calm. It helps to focus and avoid any unnecessary stress or tension. It improves the lung capacity thus boosts immunity in mother and fetus both.
You need to be at your healthiest for IVF to work without any glitch. Eat right, appropriate workout along with nutritional sufficiency gives maximum results for IVF. This is the time to get a bit selfish and take good care of you mentally and physically. Consult a certified professional for thorough guidance throughout your IVF journey. You can get your personalized diet plan made from us. Visit our consultation page.