Muffins – ah loved by everyone and the most wanted when we are on a diet, here is a fun way to relish a muffin amidst ur diet schedule, These healthy muffins are made from 100% whole grains, including both wheat bran & oat bran (giving soluble & insoluble fiber at once), and trust me, yet they do not taste like sawdust.
These healthy muffins are made from 100% whole grains, including both wheat bran & oat bran (giving soluble & insoluble fiber at once), and yet they do not taste like sawdust.
|Good For||cancer , heart disease , diabetes, high cholesterol , weight loss, hypertension,|
|Health Factor||Low Fat, Low Cholesterol, High Fiber, High Protein, High Iron|
|Prep. Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||25 min|
Ingredients (Makes 8-10 muffins)
- Wheat bran – 1 cup
- Oat bran – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon (dalchini) – 1 tsp
- Sugarfree apple sauce – 1/2 cup
- Dry milk powder – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sweetener – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Grounded ginger (adrak) – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Nutmeg (jaiphal) – a pinch (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 375 degree F (190 degree C).
- Grease a standard size muffin pan or line cups with paper liners.
- Mix dry ingredients (wheat & oat bran, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, milk powder, baking powder, sweetner & nutmeg) in a large bowl & set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients (eggs, applesauce & vanilla essence) in a small bowl & pour it into dry ingredients and mix with a spatula just until combined.
- Fill muffin cups with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool muffins in pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then carefully remove from pan and serve warm, or let cool on a wire rack.