Muffins – ah loved by everyone and the most wanted when we are on a diet, here is a fun way to relish a muffin amidst ur diet schedule, These healthy Bran muffins are made from 100% whole grains, including both wheat bran & oat bran (giving soluble & insoluble fiber at once), and trust me, yet they do not taste like sawdust.
These healthy muffins are made from 100% whole grains, including both wheat bran & oat bran (giving soluble & insoluble fiber at once), and yet they do not taste like sawdust.
|Good For||Cancer, Heart disease, Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Weight loss, Hypertension,|
|Health Factor||Low Fat, Low Cholesterol, High Fiber, High Protein, High Iron|
|Prep. Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||25 min|
Bran Muffin Recipe:
Ingredients (Makes 8-10 muffins)
- Wheat bran – 1 cup
- Oat bran – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 2
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon (dalchini) – 1 Tsp
- Sugarfree apple sauce – 1/2 cup
- Dry milk powder – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sweetener – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Grounded ginger (adrak) – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Nutmeg (jaiphal) – a pinch (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F (190 degrees C).
- Grease a standard size muffin pan or line cups with paper liners.
- Mix dry ingredients (wheat & oat bran, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, milk powder, baking powder, sweetener & nutmeg) in a large bowl & set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients (eggs, applesauce & vanilla essence) in a small bowl & pour it into dry ingredients and mix with a spatula just until combined.
- Fill muffin cups with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool muffins in pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then carefully remove from pan and serve warm, or let cool on a wire rack.
Can you please mention calories against each recipe? Thanks
Thanks for suggesting dear .. wil try to incorporate it soon . 🙂
what I can use instead of apple sauce
You can add any other fruit sauce like apricot, if not sauces you can just soft boil apple , mash it and mix it, or use any other soft boiled fruit.