Spinach soup is another yummy health drink to go for . Whether or not you are on a weight loss diet, this low calorie version helps you great deal to remain healthy. Spinach is a storehouse of minerals and nutrients. Lets see the recipe for to be able to use this amazing leafy vegetable health benefits.
|good for||weight loss, bone health, anemia, digestive issues , over all health|
|bad for||– —-|
|preparation time||5 mins|
|cook time||15 mins|
Spinach soup for weight loss : –
Ingredients – (Makes 4 -5 serves )
– Spinach leaves (washed) (1 bunch/ 200 gms )
– Corn kernels ( 1/2 cup ) ( I prefer corn kernels instead of corn flour to make this soup healthier)
– Onion – 1 medium size
– Garlic – 4-5 cloves
– Cardamom – 1-2
– Cinnamon – 1 cm stick
– Cloves – 2-3
– Chaat masala, salt, red chilli powder, roasted jeera powder .
– 2 tsp sugar
– Milk 2 cups
– Coriander leaf chopped (for garnish)
– 1/4th tsp butter
– In a pan add 2 glasses water, heat it a bit, add washed spinach leaves and corn kernels sprinkle a little sugar on top (to retain the fresh green colour ). Boil for 10 minutes with the cinnamon stick.
– Cool and remove the cinnamon stick and then blend it to make a puree.
– Do not strain and enjoy the health benefits of the fibre this unstrained soup provides.
– In a pan, heat 1/4th tsp butter, add cardamom and cloves, add finely chopped onions and garlic, add the spinach puree, salt, chaat masala, roasted jeera powder and sugar.
– Add warm milk and boil this soup. You can also add a tsp of skimmed milk powder if you are into weight training / gymming.
Enjoy this yummy and healthy version of spinach soup.