The 900 calorie diet plan for weight loss is usually advised only for people who are morbidly obese and suffer from severe weight-related issues like cardiovascular disease and diabetes. This plan is medically recommended to bring down the overall weight at a rapid pace. For a normal healthy adult, following this plan is highly undesirable as it can crop up unfavorable health and psychological consequences. So if you are eligible to follow a 900 Calorie Diet Plan for Weight Loss , read on.
A 900 calories diet plan for weight loss can be implemented to drop approximately 4 to 7 pounds a week. It should ideally incorporate all food groups in order to maximize its nutrient content. However, your physician will need to add some supplements to the plan if it doesn’t meet the nutritional requirements.
900 Calorie Diet Plan for Weight Loss ( Indian Meal plan )
By taking into account, your eating pattern this plan can be divided into three meals and one snack throughout the day to meet the 900 calorie needs. A 900 calorie diet plan for weight loss should include ;
- 2 serving of fruits and vegetables each,
- 1 serving of grains,
- 2 servings of dairy and
- 2 tsp of cooking oil.
- The total number of calories is split between 1 snack and 3 meals.
- It is also vital to stay well hydrated. So drink a lot of water.
900 calorie diet plan for weight loss (Sample menu)
1 glass of lukewarm lemon water OR Fenugreek water OR 1 glass Detox water
Oats porridge with Raisins (1 bowl) + 1 Apple
Quinoa cinnamon porridge with 5-6 almonds (1 bowl ) + 1 Apple
Daliya Upama with lots of veggies (1 bowl ) + 1 Apple
Veggie lettuce wrap (Lettuce leaves filled with 3o gms scrambled paneer and finely chopped veggies, them rolled.)
A medium baked sweet potato with ½ cup Greek yoghurt and cinnamon
Paneer bhurji ( made from 50 gms paneer)
1 cup sliced melon
1 cup Grapefruit
2 boiled egg whites
1 cup vegetable clear soup + Sauteed veggies / Boiled veggies + 50 gms cubed paneer
1 cup bone broth + 50 gms grilled chicken + 1 cup vegetable salad
1 cup chicken broth + 2 boiled egg white + 1 cup vegetable salad
Bed Time –
1 glass warm water with lemon
1 glass Detox water
How does the 900 Calorie Diet Plan for Weight Loss work?
- The rationale behind this diet plan is that the extreme drop in the calorie intake leads to weight loss with or without physical activity. Lukewarm lemon water makes an awesome start of your day. Lemon has a rich vitamin c content . Read – Benefits of lemon water in weight loss.
- Oatmeal is high in fiber and helps to lower the cholesterol level. Raisins are rich in iron and are of great help to boost your energy levels. Quinoa is a versatile and tasty protein source while almond is full of healthy fats required by the body to maintain cellular health and reduce inflammation. Read – Low carb indian foods that help in weight loss and Top 10 low carb Indian recipes for weight loss.
- A nutritious and light lunch of a veggie lettuce wrap including veggies like cabbage, greens, kale is packed with protein is a healthy choice. A baked sweet potato with Greek yogurt is a perfect mix of carbohydrates and protein. A dash of cinnamon powder to this filling makes it an excellent weight loss meal.
- Grapefruit juice and melons help in weight loss by increasing the metabolic rate.
- Dinner should be nutritious but less in calories.
After a certain period of time, following this 900 Calorie diet plan for weight loss can result in boredom but you can creatively design your meals to avoid boredom. You can incorporate a variety of vegetables and fruits in your routine. Also, prepare your meals tasty and exciting by making use of the same ingredients but with a healthy twist.
Advantages of a 900 Calorie Diet Plan for Weight Loss-
Here are some advantages of following a 900 calorie diet plan for weight loss.
Rapid weight loss
You will experience a drop in your weight during the initial stage at a rapid pace. It will help in fat mobilization and kick start your metabolism. Some more tips on increasing your metabolic rate for faster weight loss.
Lowers blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar levels
This diet plan aids in bringing down the risk of many life- threatening diseases like respiratory disorders, cardiac issues, digestive issues, and infertility
Renewed energy levels
By following this diet plan you can experience high energy levels and alertness throughout the day.d
Exercise is not compulsory
It is one of the best plans for those who find it difficult to chalk out time from their schedule for doing any form of physical activity.
- This diet plan is of great help to people who suffer from sleep apnea.
Disadvantages of a 900 calorie diet plan for weight loss –
- Unsupervised weight loss plans that are low in calories and followed for an extended period of time can lead to various health complications such as Anemia, decreased energy levels, low immunity, muscle loss, infertility and poor concentration.
- Although your energy levels would be high, but you might experience a sudden exhaustion or fatigue too.
- You will feel hungry as your body is used to eating at least 1800 calories per day.
- It can cause your metabolism to slow down in order to accommodate the low- calorie consumption.
- Maintaining this plan for a prolonged period of time can cause gallstones, constipation, nausea, and diarrhea. Moreover, if you consume less food than what your body actually needs can eventually result in gaining back all the weight.
Precautions to be taken before starting 900 calorie diet plan for weight loss –
- Consult your dietitian or doctor before beginning this diet routine to find out whether it can suit your body.
- Don’t force this diet on your body as it may result in diarrhea and fatigue. Give your body enough time to adjust to this diet.
- Do not follow this diet plan continuously as it may result in many long-term issues on the major organs of your body namely liver, heart and kidney.
End Note –
Consumption of 900 calorie diet plan for weight loss can reap good results till a point after that the body will plateau. To avoid plateauing and maximize weight loss you can practice calorie cycling. It is a good idea to try this plan for 1 to 2 weeks approximately then switch on to a 1200 – 1400 calorie diet. In this way, you can follow a high-calorie diet for a time period of 2 weeks and then again go back to following a 900 calorie diet for 2 weeks. It is important to know that this diet plan can give you amazing results if you focus on following it intermittently since your body gets sufficient time to flush out harmful toxins from your body. It can prevent your body’s metabolism from plateauing. So, begin with this diet plan today and say hello to a healthy lifestyle!
You can now watch a video on all these diet . Subscribe to our You Tube channel now .