This Besan Dhokla Recipe is a popular snack originally from the Western Indian state of Gujarat. You will love to make it as it is easy to prepare and is a steamed snack.
Facts about Besan Dhokla:
|Good For||Cancer, Diabetes, Heart Diseases, High Cholesterol, Hypertension, Kidney Disease, Weight Loss, Thyroid problem, Healthy bone, Women’s health, Post-menopausal health, Gastrointestinal health|
|Health Factor||Low Sugar, Low Fat, Low Salt, Low Cholesterol, Low Carbohydrates, High Fiber, High Calcium, High Protein, High Vitamins, High Iron, High Minerals|
|Prep. Time||4 hours|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
Ingredients (10 – 12 pieces) :
- 350gms gram flour (Besan)
- 1 cup low-fat curd (stirred)
- 1tsp green chilies (paste)
- 1tsp ginger (paste)
- Salt to taste
- 1tsp Soda bi-carb / Eno fruit salt
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1tbsp oil
- Few curry leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp oil
- Coriander leaves (chopped)
- 2-3 green chilies (vertically slit)
Instructions for making Besan Dhokla:
- In a bowl add gram flour (besan), curd and water.
- Mix well and make a smooth batter. The batter should be of thick consistency.
- Add salt and set aside for 4 hours covered with a lid.
- Take the ginger and green chili paste and add to the batter. Also, add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Keep the steamer or cooker ready on gas.
- Grease a baking dish (it should fit in the steamer or cooker).
- Now in a small bowl take a tsp. of soda bi-carb or eno, 1tsp oil, and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add this to the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and steam for 10-12 minutes or till done.
- Cool for sometime and cut into big cubes.
- Heat little oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves allow to splutter. Remove and pour it over dhoklas.
- Garnish the besan dhokla with coriander and slit green chilies.
- Serve with green chutney.
You may be interested in the 1200 calorie Gujrati / Marathi diet plan for weight loss