Yet another healthier version of plain dal. We are on a spree of making simple dal recipes more interesting and healthy for you to enjoy. This simple Methi dal recipe (dal with fenugreek leaves) is suitable for weight loss and diabetes.
|Good for||weight loss, bone health, overall health|
|Preparation time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
Methi dal recipe: –
Ingredients – (Makes 4 -5 servings )
– Mix dal (Mix tur, mung and channa dal in equal quantities)
– Tomatoes – 1 medium size, chopped
– Methi – ( 1 cup washed and chopped)
– Onion – 1 medium size chopped (optional)
– Garlic – 4-5 cloves chopped (optional)
– Ginger – 1 tsp grated
– Green chili -1 whole
– Chaat masala, salt, red chili powder, roasted jeera powder.
– Salt and lemon juice to taste
– Turmeric, black jeera, saunf, and asafoetida
– Coriander leaves chopped for garnish
– 1/4th tsp ghee (even if you are on weight loss)
– Soak the mixed dal in water for 15 – 20 minutes.
– Add salt and turmeric. Pressure cook this dal for 2-3 whistles
– In a pan add ghee, black jeera, saunf and asafoetida, ginger, green chili, garlic, and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes
– Add chopped tomatoes and saute for another 3-4 minutes, Add methi leaves and when cooked, add pressure cooked dal and boil.
– Add lemon juice and coriander leaves and serve hot.