There are just so many variations to a yummy dal. Here is one – Radish dal. It is very good for people who want to lose water weight. Radish helps in washing excess water as it increases urination.
|Good for||Weight loss, bone health, overall health|
|Preparation time||5 minutes|
|Cook time||15 mins|
Dal Muli recipe , (Radish dal) : –
Ingredients – (Makes 4 -5 serves )
– Mix dal ( Mix tur, mung and channa dal in equal quantities)
– Tomatoes – 1 medium size, chopped
– Radish – ( as much as you like. I use 1 cup washed and finely chopped)
– Onion – 1 medium size chopped (optional)
– Garlic – 4-5 cloves chopped (optional)
– Ginger – 1 tsp grated
– Green chilli -1 whole
– Chaat masala, salt, red chilli powder, roasted jeera powder
– Salt and lemon to taste
– Turmeric, black jeera, saunf and asafoetida
– Coriander leaves chopped for garnish
– 1/4th tsp ghee (even if you are on weight loss)
– Soak the mixed dal in water for 15 – 20 minutes.
-Add salt and turmeric and chopped radish. Pressure cook this dal for 2-3 whitsles
– In a pan add ghee, black jeera, saunf and asafoetida, ginger, green chilli, garlic and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes
– Add chopped tomatoes and saute for another 3-4 minutes. When cooked, add pressure cooked dal and boil.
– Switch off the gas, add lemon and coriander leaves and serve hot.