There are just so many variations to a yummy dal. Here is one. Dal Muli recipe, Radish dal. It is very good for people who want to lose water weight. Radish helps in washing excess water as it increases urination.
|Good for||Weight loss, bone health, overall health|
|Preparation time||5 minutes|
|Cook time||15 mins|
Dal Muli recipe (Radish dal):
Ingredients – (Makes 4 -5 serves )
– Mix dal ( Mix tur, mung and channa dal in equal quantities)
– Tomatoes – 1 medium size, chopped
– Radish – ( as much as you like. I use 1 cup washed and finely chopped)
– Onion – 1 medium size chopped (optional)
– Garlic – 4-5 cloves chopped (optional)
– Ginger – 1 tsp grated
– Green chili -1 whole
– Chaat masala, salt, red chili powder, roasted jeera powder
– Salt and lemon to taste
– Turmeric, black jeera, saunf, and asafoetida
– Coriander leaves chopped for garnish
– 1/4th tsp ghee (even if you are on weight loss)
- Soak the mixed dal in water for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add salt and turmeric and chopped radish. Pressure cook this dal for 2-3 whistles.
- In a pan add ghee, black jeera, saunf and asafoetida, ginger, green chili, garlic, and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute for another 3-4 minutes. When cooked, add pressure cooked dal and boil.
- Switch off the gas, add lemon and coriander leaves and serve hot.