Want to add some fiber to your vegetarian protein? This spinach (palak) dal is just the right thing to go with. Here is a recipe of my low-calorie version of palak dal.
|Good for||Weight loss, bone health, overall health|
|Preparation time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
Palak dal/spinach dal recipe :
Ingredients – (Makes 4 -5 servings)
– Mixed dal ( Mix tur, mung and channa dal in equal quantity)
– Tomatoes – 2 medium size, chopped
– Spinach – (as much as you like. I use 1 cup washed and finely chopped)
– Onion – 1 medium size chopped (optional)
– Garlic – 4-5 clove chopped (optional)
– Ginger – 1 tsp grated
– Chaat masala, salt, red chili powder, roasted jeera powder
– Salt and lemon to taste
– Turmeric, black jeera, saunf, and asafoetida
– Coriander leaves chopped for garnish
– 1/4th tsp ghee (even if you are on weight loss)
- Soak the mixed dal in water for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add salt and turmeric. Pressure cook this dal for 2-3 whistles.
- In a pan add ghee, black jeera, sounf and asafoetida, ginger, garlic, and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes,
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute for another 3-4 minutes. When cooked, add chopped spinach and pressure cooked dal and boil
- Switch off the gas, add lemon and coriander leaves and serve hot
- Make a thinner version if you are on a weight loss diet. Add some water extra water.
Image – flickr.com author dean beeler
What day of GM Diet can one have this dish?
you can have it on day 5 and 6