This vegetable mung dal recipe is one of my favorites. There are many times when I just make this one dish and feast on it. Best choice if you are looking to lose weight.
|Good for||Weight loss, bone health, easy on digestion, Overall health|
|Preparation time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
Vegetable Mung dal Recipe : –
Ingredients – (Makes 4 -5 servings )
– Mung dal – (1 cup)
– Tomatoes – 1 medium size, chopped
– Carrots – 1/2 cup chopped
-Beans – 1/2 cup chopped
– broccoli – (1/2 cup ) optional
– Onion – 1 medium size chopped (optional)
– Garlic – 4-5 cloves chopped (optional)
– Ginger – 1 tsp grated
– Green chili -1 whole
– Chaat masala, salt, red chili powder, roasted jeera powder
– Salt and lemon to taste
– Turmeric, black jeera, saunf, and asafoetida
– Coriander leaves chopped for garnish
– 1/4th tsp ghee (even if you are on weight loss)
– Soak the dal in water for 15 – 20 minutes
-Add salt and turmeric and chopped veggies (except onion and garlic). Pressure cook this dal for 2-3 whistles.
– In a pan add ghee, black jeera, saunf and asafoetida, ginger, green chili, garlic, and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
– Add chopped tomatoes and saute for another 3-4 minutes. When cooked, add chopped coriander and pressure cooked dal and boil.
– Switch off the gas, add lemon and coriander leaves and serve hot.