A simple recipe of mung dal with seasoning. This is beneficial for digestion. Next time you have a day full of indulgence, go for this simple dal for the next meal and give your system some rest.
|Good for||weight loss, bone health, overall health|
|Preparation time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
Mung Dal with seasoning dal recipe : –
Ingredients – (Makes 4 -5 servings )
– Mung dal
– Tomatoes – 1 medium size, chopped
– Onion – 1 medium size chopped (optional)
– Garlic – 4-5 cloves chopped (optional)
– Ginger – 1 tsp grated
– Green chilli -1 whole
– Chaat masala, salt, red chilli powder, roasted jeera powder
– Salt and lemon juice to taste
– Turmeric, black jeera, saunf and asafoetida
– Coriander leaves chopped for garnish
– 1/4th tsp ghee (even if you are on weight loss)
– Soak the mung dal in water for 15 – 20 minutes
-Add salt and turmeric and p-ressure cook this dal for 2-3 whistles
– In a pan add ghee, black jeera, saunf and asafoetida, ginger , green chilli, garlic and onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes
– Add chopped tomatoes and saute for another 3-4 mins and when cooked, add pressure cooked dal and boil.
– Add lemon juice and coriander leaves and serve hot.