Every day when I send out diet charts to my clients, a lot of them reply asking if they can buy ready-mix soups or drink takeaway soups as it is cumbersome to make. This mixed vegetable soup for weight loss is so easy to make and it gets ready in almost no time. Ready-made soup mixes have a lot of preservatives and sodium, which only makes you gain water weight. So instead of losing weight, you might end up feeling bloated. The best way to lose weight is to have simple homemade soups. Here is the recipe of mix vegetable soup.
|Good for||weight loss, bone health, overall health|
|Bad for||– —-|
|Preparation time||5 mins|
|Cook time||15 mins|
Mixed vegetable soup for weight loss :
Ingredients – (Serves 4 -5 )
– Tomatoes – 3 medium size
– Carrots – 2 medium size
– Cabbage – 1 cup cut (around 100 gms )
– Beetroot – 1/2 cup (around 50 gms)
– Onion – 1 medium size
– Garlic – 4-5 cloves
– Cardamom – 1-2
– Cinnamon – 1 cm
– Cloves – 2-3
– Chaat masala, salt, red chili powder, roasted jeera powder.
– 2 tsp sugar
– Steamed corn kernels ( 1/2 cup )
– Coriander chopped.
– 1/4th tsp butter
– In a pressure cooker, put all the veggies ( cut in large pieces) except corn. Add 1.5 glass of water, 1 tsp salt, and cinnamon stick. and let it cook for 3 whistles.
– Cool it, remove the cinnamon stick and then grind in a mixer. You can keep the same water from the pressure cooker separately to be added later.
– You can either strain this puree or let it be and enjoy the healthy benefits of fiber this unstrained soup provides. I prefer the unstrained.
– In a pan, heat 1/4th tsp butter, add cardamom and cloves, add the vegetable puree, add the remaining water from the pressure cooker, add salt, chaat masala, roasted jeera powder, and sugar.
– Add the steamed corn kernels and coriander leaves to this soup and serves hot.
Enjoy this yummy mix vegetable soup for weight loss when on diet, and you would really feel that dieting is not about starving, but having such delicious healthy drinks.