Multani mitti is also called as fuller’s earth. The name is derived from its origin. It is found in Multan, a place in Pakistan. This is a very pocket friendly skin care product. This product looks like regular mud but it has numerous benefits which will be discussed in this article.
Benefits of Multani Mitti in skin care: –
1. Multani Mitti for Oily skin
Fuller’s earth works wonders for oily skin. Oily skin easily attracts dust and other impurities from surrounding. These particles clog the skin pores and may cause pimples and eruptions on face. Multani mitti is a blessing for such individuals. It absorbs excess oil from the skin surface and makes it soft and smooth. It avoids the occurrence of pimples caused due to excess oil secretion.
2. Multani Mitti for dry skin
Those who have dry to normal skin can use fuller’s earth face packs by adding some milk and almond paste. Dry skins needs extra care, Here are some essential oils for skin care.
3. Multani Mitti for scrubbing
When in hurry, and no time for applying a face pack and waiting, you can use fuller’s earth for scrubbing purpose. It will give equally glowing skin. To make this scrub use roughly grounded almonds or walnuts. if you do not wish to use these nuts, you can use some sugar granules with Fuller’s earth and scrub your face softly with this mix. Wash it off and you will see a clean, glowing skin in minutes.
4. Multani Mitti for cleaning
Multani Mitti is a very good cleanser. It cleanses on the surface as well as deeper action. It removes all the dead cells and cleanses the pores from impurities.
5.Multani Mitti for Toning
It helps in improving the skin tone and gives a bright glow and radiance on the face. Multani mitti’s bleaching effect helps in lightening the blemishes and acne marks too. You might like to read – How to tone up skin naturally
6. Multani mitti for blemishes and pimple/ Acne marks
Multani mitti can be used for removing pimple marks and blemishes to have an even tone. To make an anti blemish and anti mark pack, mix Multani mitti with tomato juice or lemon juice and add a pinch of turmeric to it. For best results, apply this pack at night before sleeping and after washing your face off, apply anti tan night cream. This will help you in having a fairer, brighter and a more evenly toned skin.
7. Multani Mitti for Acne and pimples
Pimple and acne problems can be relieved by applying Multani mitti and Neem leaves paste on face. You can keep it for some time and then wash it off. If you have scars, you can add lemon juice to this paste. Applying it for a week will have noticeable effects on your face.
[Read – How to prevent Acne ]
[Read – Home remedies for Acne ]
8. Multani mitti for pigmentation
Multani mitti has anti tan properties and helps in getting rid of sun tan and ill effects of pollution on your skin. Read – Home remedies for sunburn
9. Multani mitti for skin irritation
If you have skin irritation due to acidity, allergic reaction to any cosmetic product or bleach, or red skin due to excess sun exposure, Multani mitti has cooling effect and will give you instant relief from skin irritation. Read – How to care for sensitive skin
10. Multani Mitti as Body Wash
Multani mitti can be used in your natural body wash mix. You can make your natural body wash by using these ingredients :-
- Fuller’s earth
- oatmeal / wheat bran
- soya flour / red gram flour
- curd / milk
- Turmeric powder
- sandalwood powder
- Dried Neem leaves powder
11. Anti heat treatment
In case of severe acidity, or in cases where a person suffers from Pitha problems, multani mitti can be applied on feet; it absorbs extra heat from the body and cools it down. It also improves blood circulation, treating this acidity problem.
How to use Multani Mitti?
Multani Mitti is very beneficial and can be made into several types of face and body packs. Some of these packs are mentioned below.
1. For pigmentation
Face Pack #1: Mix all these ingredients and apply this mix on face , hands , feet and wash it off after 10 minutes
- 1 grated potato squeezed to remove its juice
- fullers earth
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp glycerine ( Use only for dry skin)
Face Pack #2 : Mix all these ingredients and apply this mix on face , hands , feet and wash it off after 10 minutes
- Multani Mitti
- cucumber juice – (Benefits of cucumber juice on skin )
- raw milk
- vitamin e capsule (pierce it and use its extract)
Face Pack #3 : Apply this paste on face, and then while washing it off scrub your face gently.
- Multani mitti
- coconut milk
- sugar granules
2 Face packs for fairness
Face Pack #1 : Mix all the ingredients and make a paste, apply on face and wash it off after 10 mins.
- Multani Mitti
- chickpea flour / Besan
- raw milk
Face Pack #2 :Mix all the ingredients and make a paste, apply on face and wash it off after 10 minutes.
- Multani Mitti
- Tomato juice / lemon juice / cucumber juice
3. Multani Mitti for Wrinkles
Face Pack #1 : Apply this paste on face and wash after 10 minutes. Avoid being under fan / A-C or cooler during this time. Wash before it dries up.
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tsp curd
- Multani mitti / fullers earth
[Read – Natural anti – aging foods ]
4. Multani Mitti for skin irritation
- Multani Mitti / Fullers earth
- rose water / milk
- Vit E capsule ( pierce this capsule and empty its extract )
Precautions while using Multani Mitti
1. If you have dry Skin, use Multani Mitti with precaution. If any oiling agent is not mixed (Vitamin e oil [read – Benefits of Vit e oil , olive oil , almond oil , glycerine ) it might leave your skin even dryer.
2. Do not consume Multani mitti / fuller earth as it may lead to kidney stones and may clog intestinal passage.
3. Store Multani mitti in refrigerator in a tight jar away from direct exposure of sunlight.
Image: Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos