” Infused water for weight loss. ” Yes you heard it right. Water can also help you in weight loss and burning Fat. I know , almost everyone is searching for diet plans and diet charts that will lead them to weight loss. But surprising as it may sound , these Infused water can also lead you to weight loss and help in detoxifying your system and burning excess fat from the body. Read on to know more about Infused water that burn fat.
Image : Copyright: ehaurylik / 123RF Stock Photo
Imagine your days without food! How many days will you survive? 10 days, may be 20 days or even 50 days. But have you ever thought how it is to survive without water? We don’t know the worth of water until the well is dry. Studies show humans cannot stay without water for more than 10 days.
Our brain contains 74% water, blood contains 83% water, lean muscle has 75% water and bone has 22% water. A lack of water affects everything from your digestive tract to your immune system to your body temperature.It’s a big part of our muscles, and is critical for energy production
What Is Infused Water?
Infused water is also known as detox water, fruit flavoured water or fruit infused water. It is combination of fruits, vegetables, and herbs immersed in cold water. Infused water is rich in flavour, almost nil calories and a weight loss booster.
Some detox water recipes have beneficial ingredients which help your body in various ways. The main beneficial ingredient is water.
What Are The Benefits of Infused Water?
Yes, infused water helps in weight loss. In addition to no calories, it has various other benefits.
- Mood enhancer.
- Flushes toxins from your system.
- Controls hunger pangs.
- Naturally helps your body release fat cells for water weight loss.
- Keeps you hydrated.
- Reduces muscle fatigue and quickens recovery post working out.
- Energy booster.
How does flavour infused water help in weight reduction?
Image : Copyright: gstockstudio / 123RF Stock Photo
- Studies show that drinking water significantly elevates the resting energy expenditure (REE) in children by up to 25%. This effect lasts up to 40 minutes.
- Replacing sodas, juices and diet drinks with infused water automatically cuts down on the calorie consumption. This also prevents weight gain.
- More water in the body ensures the body has a positive fluid and electrolyte balance. This maintains the body’s pH, and prevents the body from any free radical damage.
- Sometimes thirst is mistaken for hunger. We end up eating more, while our body actually needs only water. Sipping infused water keeps our body hydrated and solves the body’s confusion between thirst and hunger.
- Plain water becomes quite boring, but infused water with your favourite flavour motivates you to drink more water.
- High water consumption increases the efficiency of blood circulation, thus, eliminating the body toxins from the body. It also relieves body of constipation. When the body is free of waste products, your body tends to feel lighter.
- Extra vitamins and minerals in infused water fulfils the daily requirement of micro nutrients. Sufficient micro nutrients in body keep the body’s energy levels at the peak.
Infused water for weight loss
There are many ingredients with different combinations used. The water can be either infused by fruits or vegetables and by spices or herbs. There is no fixed amount of any ingredients used. The best part of the drink is that, any salt or sugar is not needed for flavour. The fruits or spices used impart their dominant flavour.This is enough for the taste buds. Here is a list of commonly used ingredients for weight loss:-
Cumin seeds (Jeera)
Cumin seeds / Jeera infused water for weight loss and post delivery –
Take 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds and soak in 1 litre of water overnight. Or you can make the concoction by boiling cumin in water and cooling it to room temperature before use. This cumin infused water is thymol and essential oils. It aids digestion and mobilises fat cells. Though there is not enough evidence to support the notion of weight loss theory with cumin seeds. Read about Post delivery (confinement diets) for normal and Post delivery confinement diet for c – section. An interesting 1200 calorie Indian diet plan for weight loss .
Image :Copyright: chamillewhite / 123RF Stock Photo
Cinnamon / Dalchini infused water for weight loss and diabetes
Cinnamon improves the insulin secretion, stabilizes the blood sugar levels and increases the glucose metabolism. All these helps in losing weight by initiating the sensation of satiety and fullness. Read about Indian diet plan for diabetes
Fruit infused water for weight loss, increasing Metabolism and detoxification of liver
Kiwi, lemons, lime, grapefruit, pineapple, apples, watermelons, avocados and different berries can be used . They are packed with enzymes and antioxidants to kick-start natural detox function. Fruits boost your metabolism and help the body eliminate the waste more rapidly.The antioxidants also reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease. Read about delicious sources of Antioxidants.
Fruit Vinegar / Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar infused water for weight loss and for burning fat –
Fruit Vinegar / Apple cider vinegar resolves the digestive issues, has antibiotic effects and promotes weight loss. The acetic acid suppresses the appetite, reduces water retention and interferes with the ingested starches. It also reduces the number of calories that will enter into your bloodstream and burn fats. Read about Apple cider vinegar for shiny hair and Benefits of apple cider vinegar on kidney stones.
Lime infused water for weight loss , increasing Metabolism and detoxification of liver
Lemon is rich in vitamin C. the sweet sour taste of lemons refreshes the taste buds, energizes the body and flushes out toxins from the body. It helps to reduce the stress to the body. It is generally added with other fruits or mint for extra flavour. Read about Benefits of lemon on health and Benefits of lemon water.
Herbs and other plants infused water for weight loss
Herbs like mint, coriander, basil, lavender flowers, fennel seeds and lemon grass are also widely used. These ingredients not only give distinct taste to the water but also the extra benefits of ample vitamins and minerals. They help in detoxifying the body, boost immunity and maintain the energy levels.
Here are some sample recipes of infused water for weight loss
- How to lose weight effectively
- How to burn body fat for weight loss
- GM diet plan for weight loss
- Military diet plan for weight loss
- Ketogenic diet plan for weight loss
Infused Water for Liver Cleanse / Detox
Image : Copyright: kninwong / 123RF Stock Photo
- Lemon Mint Detox Water – Take ½ lemon n cut into thin slices. Chop 2 table spoons of mint leaves and add a dash of ginger. Mix all ingredients with a litre of water.
Image : Copyright: margouillat / 123RF Stock Photo
Apple Cinnamon Water – Take thin slices of ¼ of medium sized apple and 2 inch cinnamon stick. Add these in 1 litre of water and sweet flavoured detox water is then ready for use.
Image : Copyright: jenifoto / 123RF Stock Photo
- Berry blast – Take 2 strawberries and few blueberries or mulberries. Add a thin slice of lemon and a table spoon of chopped mint. Mix with a litre of water.
Image : Copyright: arinahabich / 123RF Stock Photo
Steps to make infused water for weight loss
- Take a water pitcher and fill the bottom with the required ingredients.
- Fill half of the pitcher with ice cubes (optional) and half with water.
- Let the ingredients soak for 2 hours and then you can us it throughout the day.
Similarly, various other fruits and spices combinations are possible .
These detox waters may or may not directly help in losing weight. But, these are power packed with micro-nutrients and have various other health benefits. Replacing the high calorie drinks and snacks with such zero calorie detox water will definitely curb the weight gain.